help identifying medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help identifying medal

Hi all , i know nothing about this medal , any help greatly appreciated.
    URL attached

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Ebay\Medals\German\1942 front close.jpg

Can't see an attachment or image, try uploading to n imge site and then linking it in the post.

Comment

Hi , cannot find the attachment button to upload from my computer , only can find upload for URL address and the file lives on my PC not the web so im confused as to how to get the image here , any ideas ? & thanks

Comment

Originally posted by danescott View Post
        Hi , cannot find the attachment button to upload from my computer , only can find upload for URL address and the file lives on my PC not the web so im confused as to how to get the image here , any ideas ? & thanks
        Go to this website: http://imgur.com/

And click on upload image. From there select the image and press the "start Upload" button that apears once you select the image file. Then when it is uploaded right click the image and copy the address. If it send you to a page to edit the image just click save and then it will take you to the place where you can right click and "copy image address"

Comment

Hi & thanks.
          Image address below

http://i.imgur.com/MTaycPR.jpg

Comment

Association (VEREIN) of Former NCOs (EHEMAL. UOFFZ. = Ehemaliger Unteroffizier) of 4th Magdeburg Inf. Regt. No. 67 (MAGD. INF. RT. 67 = 4. Magdeburgisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 67).

Likely late 19th century-early 20th century - pre-WWI.
            Last edited by Brian L.; 01-02-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Would this be considered a rare , scarce or hard to get item & thanks very much for all the information , it is appreciated.

Comment

Certainly not a rare or valuable item, but nice and desirable to collectors of association commemoratives. There are countless versions and variants, they are common and this is a nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  Certainly not a rare or valuable item, but nice and desirable to collectors of association commemoratives. There are countless versions and variants, they are common and this is a nice one.
                  Scarcer than a general veteran's association medal because not only is it regiment-specific, but it is for NCOs only. While maybe not worth a lot of money, it would be more valuable and collectable than something generic like a KyffhÀuserbund medal. The market for regiment-specific veteran's medals and badges has grown in the last few years.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X