empty bar for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

empty bar for review

Got this big empty bar with seven ribbons (seller's pics, waiting for good light to take more shots). Although ribbons are not perfectly alligned, the whole bar gives impression of something 90 +/- years old. This will be interesitng restoration project. What is the Baden decoration in the middle? Any comments wellcome!
    Attached Files

I think it's a Baden Long Service decoration but this ribbon was used for other things as well.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks for your opinion Streptile, much appreciated!

I was thinking about Baden long service too, 9 or 12 years medal, I think. Which one would be appropriate? I fount that ribbon could be for 1906 Errinnerungsabzeichen, but that's less likely IMHO.

I assume this is a career NCO bar, ansd perhaps impossible to identify? Can anyone explain why he has Baden service medal, if he served in Imperial troops in Southwest Africa? Maybe he transfered from colonial troops to Baden regiment?

Comment

After more than a year, I purchased Diebitsch medal and the bar is comming closer to its former glory. Sorry for crappy pics, it's rainy afternoon and I can't find my camera.
        Attached Files

Comment

This Diebitsch Pferdepflege medal is really beautiful, big and heavy with high relief. I'm impressed with its quality. When I get the camera I'll take better pics, but I had to share this nice and rare piece with you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Impressive medal and a great bar. Good to see it coming back to life.

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, Jesse. It's really exciting to hunt the missing medals. I could get all the remainig missing at once, but I prefer to hunt for a bargain. With a bit of waiting, I got not-so-common Baden merit medal on ring for really good price.

Comment

Though I know very little about Imperial medal bars, this one is very interesting.
                I love the Medal for Good Horse Care along with the medal for service in Africa and EK2. This individuals service is colourful. Do you think it can be traced to an owner due to the small number of Diebitsch Pferdepflege medals issued?
                Good luck with your future search for the required medals; which I assume should be easier. I look forward to seeing the completed bar.

Regards Mark

Comment

Fantastic Bar

Comment

Thanks guys! I really like this bar too. He served, looking from north-south direction, in almost whole world - from South Africa to Baltic. Unfortunately I think it's not tracable, probably not officer, but NCO and I don't know if there is any list of Diebitsch awards.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X