What are these badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these badges?

I am new to this, so I'm making my best guess at the correct forum to post this. I have these badges that I believe are WWI or earlier, but I can find no similar badges on the Internet. Can you help me identify them? Thank you.

Sorry, there are no pics...

Gerdan

Comment

Trying to repost photos

Hoping third time's the charm. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by EShoreInterest; 10-20-2015, 01:50 PM. Reason: Trying to get photos to come through.

Comment

I finally got them to show up!

Comment

Hi!
          The pictures are quite small for my old eyes, but I think No.4 can be the
          Principality of Reuss: Memory badge for the Silver Wedding 1909, presented to all guests of the festivities by Prince Heinrich XXVII and his wife Elise, Princess zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Should be made of silver and have a transverse needle...
          You want to sell it?
          Regards
          Hagrid

Comment

So sorry for the small photos. I was having a hard time getting them to show up, so I thought maybe making them smaller would help. I will very likely sell all of these (if they have any value) and will certainly get back to you to let you know. Thank you so much for letting me know what you think it is.

Originally posted by Hagrid View Post
            Hi!
            The pictures are quite small for my old eyes, but I think No.4 can be the
            Principality of Reuss: Memory badge for the Silver Wedding 1909, presented to all guests of the festivities by Prince Heinrich XXVII and his wife Elise, Princess zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg. Should be made of silver and have a transverse needle...
            You want to sell it?
            Regards
            Hagrid

Comment

The first one should be a memorial pin for "25 years of faithful membership" in a prussian veteran organisation, possibly Husaren (the application resembles an officers saddlebag, showing the letters F, W and R for Friedrich Wilhelm Rex => See picture)

Comment

The third one is an imperial austrian item:
                A patriotic badge - I've seen the same at Hermanns, but the cross was white with red edges there.

The second one could be an austrian cap-badge from the same period....but I'm not sure.
                Regards
                Hagrid

Comment

Oh my goodness! What is that in your photograph?! It looks like velvet and gold thread. It is beautiful. Such gorgeous stitching.

Comment

The third one is an imperial austrian item:
                    A patriotic badge - I've seen the same at Hermanns, but the cross was white with red edges there.
                    I`ve found the same on a picture at Ebay.at, stating that it´s a "patriotic-" or "cap-badge". Both varieties are shown.

And the previous picture that you liked so much shows the saddlebag of a prussian Husaren-officer...

Comment

Once again, thanks so much! Searching for these on the Internet is a little like your mother telling you to look up a word you can't spell in the dictionary. If I don't know what to call it, it is hard to search for it.

A saddlebag? Good gracious. That's awfully fancy. Perhaps it was for decoration only? Or that particular officer didn't get very dirty.

Still working on bigger pictures. I have a few other badges that I haven't identified, so I'll get better pictures before posting them.

Comment

The first one should be a memorial pin for "25 years of faithful membership" in a prussian veteran organisation, possibly Husaren (the application resembles an officers saddlebag, showing the letters F, W and R for Friedrich Wilhelm Rex => See picture)

It's not a saddle bag. It's called a Sabretache (literally 'sword pocket'), was worn by Hussars and also Lancers next to their swords and was used to carry dispatches, as traditionally Hussars as light cavalry acted as scouts and dispatch riders.

Comment

Looking at the actual size of 28 X 34 cm that´s definitely a more precise name for it - thank you!
                          Due to copyright reasons I have to mention -what I forgot - my source anyway (they call it "saddle bag" there...):
                          http://www.museum-digital.de/san/ind...jekt&oges=1923
                          It´s from a museum named "Regionalgeschichtliche Sammlungen der Lutherstadt Eisleben"
                          Hagrid

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X