Unknown belt buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown belt buckle

I tried the Third Reich Belt and buckle Forum, but got nowhere.

This is either FREIKOPRS or STAHLHELM, I guess.
    FRONT HEIL is on the front of it. No maker on the back. I was hoping one of you guys in this Forum might know. Paid $75 for it from a neighbor that was having a moving sale. His wife got it from her father, a WW2 vet, along with some German money & a WW2 Heer buckle and belt.
    I just moved here 6 weeks ago, so I was happy to get something from a neighbor just after moving in!

Thanx,
    Tim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 10-19-2015, 08:43 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

STAHLHELM" MEMBER'S BELT BUCKLE. (Koppelschloß)

BACKGROUND: "Der Stahlhelmbund" (The Steel-helmet-league) was conceived as a national veterans’ organization by Franz Seldte in November of 1918, and was officially founded on Christmas day of that year. It was mostly comprised of WWI veterans trying to assimilate back into what was then a devastated society. The Stahlhelm became the largest of the post-war veterans’ groups, incorporating many of the smaller "Freikorps" groups into it. Most of its members were assimilated by the SA in 1933, and it was disbanded in 1935, with its remaining members absorbed by the DRKB ("Deutscher Reichskriegerbund"), which, in turn, was absorbed by the NS-RKB ("Nationalsozialistische - Reichskriegerbund") in 1938.

Comment

Thank you, kind sir!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X