X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Iron crosses

Hello all!

I have been offered these EK's locally, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Can any of you help me regarding the makers? Somewhat unusual screwback, it seems?

2. Are they period pieces?

3. The seller wants 760€ for all 4 EK's. Is that a decent price?

I don't have to much knowledge on imperial medals, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Inside of the cases

Pardon the picture quality
    Attached Files

Comment

Difficult to see, because of the quality of the pictures!

Ask for better pictures.........specially from the back of the disc!

Comment

Thank you for the respons Green

I will ask, and post better pictures.

Comment

The ek1 with thin needle, second from the left has a repeaired catch.
          I am not a fan of duo etui's (ek1 and ek2) it could be period, however the market is flooded by fakes. From the pic I think the ek1 with disc has a closed 4. I think its is the hollow core version (Blechkern, not Zimmermann) and seems to be missing its counter disc. The ek1 on the right is very nice.

So 760? Not a bargain if you ask me. Green is right, ask for better pics this could be a disaster. If you could let him split the group then better buy the one on the right and its etui
          Last edited by morel5000; 10-19-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hello Morel5000

Thank you very much for the feedback!

The seller will split up the grouping. He wants 218€ for the cross on the right, 272€ for the screwback one.

This is another picture of the back, where it appears to have its counter disc?

I have requested better pictures, the seller will supply them tomorrow.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes it seems to have the counterdisc!

Anyway I am still a fan of the one with the needle. if the 218 is with box then it sounds like a good deal!

Comment

218 is including box

I think I will go for it as I need one for the collection. But I will wait for the pictures. Thank you, once again

Comment

I too would go for the 218e boxed one. The thick catch reminds me the Werner EK.
                  Would ask for closer pics

Comment

Got new pictures today
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last one

I kind of like the screwback aswell. Would 275€ be a decent price?
                      Attached Files

Comment

The repaired one looks like an AWS. Does that have to come with the duo etui?

Pics are still small. Do you resize them (or the forum by posting) or are they really that bad?

I would like better pics of the case of the screwback. It is a closed 4 post ww1 design, so not that desirable. The rarer part would be a matching screwback case.

see here for the cross core:
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=628966

Best regards,
                        Michel

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
                          The repaired one looks like an AWS. Does that have to come with the duo etui?

Pics are still small. Do you resize them (or the forum by posting) or are they really that bad?

I would like better pics of the case of the screwback. It is a closed 4 post ww1 design, so not that desirable. The rarer part would be a matching screwback case.

see here for the cross core:
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=628966

Best regards,
                          Michel
                          Hello Michel

That was the pictures I got, unforgenantly. Absolutely not the best quality. I will talk to the seller about the screwback case.
                          The repaired EK is indeed the one which comes with the EK2 and the double etui...

I did deside to purchase the pinback cross with case, as I really liked the look of it.

Thank you very much for the help

All the best
                          Robert

Comment

It`s an AWS EK / non-pillowback . And it is original

Comment

Originally posted by römischIX View Post
                              It`s an AWS EK / non-pillowback . And it is original
                              But repaired

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X