1870 EK Award.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 EK Award.

Searching for some information about 1870 Certificates for the Iron cross, I come into some interesting information.
    There was the certificates of bestowal and the certificates of ownership, does this mean that a recipient of the Iron Cross would have 2 certificates of the same cross?
    It is also stated the certificates were printed, but I saw photos (included,) that there seems to be two different printed versions. one with 2 lines blank and another with 3 lines blank. So I ask why is this, should the wording be the same to all? If I am correct the 1939 Iron Cross certificates were all the same, of course I stand to be corrected.
    Thank You.
    Alf.
    Attached Files

The 3 line certificate.
    There is also a continues line after the wording for both certificates which is a mystery how it was done since the award was printed before filling the details.
    Alf.
    Attached Files

Comment

I wish to add that I saw also 1914 Iron Cross 2nd class Certificates in formats with different layouts, is this normal, was there an official Certificate for 1914/1918 awards ?
      Thanks
      Alf.

Comment

Originally posted by mp409mm View Post
        I wish to add that I saw also 1914 Iron Cross 2nd class Certificates in formats with different layouts, is this normal, was there an official Certificate for 1914/1918 awards ?
        Thanks
        Alf.
        There were no official certificates and therefore dozens of different designs for EK certificates.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
          There were no official certificates and therefore dozens of different designs for EK certificates.
          Thanks bolewts58 for your reply
          Alf.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X