Campaign bars - what are they worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campaign bars - what are they worth?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions as to the value of these campaign bars. Thanks.
    Attached Files

They are for the Marinekorps Flandernkreuz and average about 30€ retail each.

Comment

According to the list on the DGO website, none of these bars are for the MarineKorps Flandernkreuz. The Vogesen bar is on the list for the Kyffhäuser-Denkmünze. I'm not sure if the others are for specific medals or are just widely available vanity bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Chip M View Post
        According to the list on the DGO website, none of these bars are for the MarineKorps Flandernkreuz. The Vogesen bar is on the list for the Kyffhäuser-Denkmünze. I'm not sure if the others are for specific medals or are just widely available vanity bars.
        As far as I know, the bars for the Kyffhäuser-Denkmünze are smooth with incused script lacquered in black.

The Marinekorps cross has bars like this with pebbled or cross-hatched finish and burnished, embossed script.

Of course, Marinekorps Flandern didn't fight in Karpathen. But, vanity bars for eastern campaigns were worn on the Marinekorps cross as it was available to other vets besides Marinekorps vets, as part of the unofficial and highly commercialized business of military vet bling available in the 20s and 30s.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian L.; 10-16-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

You are correct, of course, about the style of the Kyffhäuserbund bars, I was just saying that they had a Vogesen bar. There were other vainity bars, however, as you have pointed out (Karpathen) that do have the "pebbled" or "crosshatched" backgrounds and were not made for the Marinekorps-Flandernkreuz. There were actually many, many examples with all sorts of battle names that were extras, probably made for those who wanted to list all the battles they were in, but were not available as the official bars for these medals.

Comment

Guys, fantastic knowledge and info on these bars. I love the background information on them.

Jesse

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X