• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two officers ID

Could anyone ID these two officers?

Thank you very much!

Mark
    Attached Files

Here is the cap detail and the second officer...
    Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help me to identify the orders worn by the officer in the first photo? It was taken in 1911.

I recognize Order of the Golden Fleece and Princely House Order of Hohenzollern... Can anyone help with the others?

Regards,

Lohengrin

Comment

Just a small correction: that is not the Princely Hohenzollern Order, but the Prussian.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
          Just a small correction: that is not the Princely Hohenzollern Order, but the Prussian.
          Thanks! Any idea what is the decoration below the Golden Fleece? It looks like an Eagle or Falcon...

Comment

I have been given an ID on some of the other decorations:

Golden Fleece (Austria-Hungary)
            Order of Carol I (Romania)
            Hohenzollern House Order (Prussia)
            Ernestine House Order (Saxon Duchies: Altenburg, Coburg-Gotha and Meiningen)
            Káiser Wilhelm I Centenary Medal

Would the Order of Carol I make him a member of the Rumanian Royal family?

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...der_of_Carol_I

Totally 26 recipents but among them are 8 ladies.

Gerdan

Comment

Could it be Alexander I of Yugoslavia ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_I_of_Yugoslavia

Gerdan

Comment

http://history.info/2015/10/17/1972-...-brother/22375

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for the comments Gerdan!

The issue is the Golden Fleece! If you have a look at those who received the Austrian Order, Alexander I of Yugoslavia was not among them... Also, the Hohenzollern House Order would point towards Romanian Royal... The problem is that the only one who would qualify is Ferdinand I of Romania, who does not look anything like the man in the photo (which was taken 1911).

Comment

I found a few more clues:

Here are a few pictures of Romanian uniforms:
                      http://only-romania.com/2014/07/military-uniforms-1896/

I think the shoulder-boards looks identical!

Also, here is a photo of a similar hat worn by Romanian colonel...
                      Attached Files

Comment

The Second officer is an italian General of Regio Esercito Italiano.
                        He is a Tenente Generale(i don't know how can i say it in englis, but i think is like division General).
                        On the neck he has got the cross of Commander of the Order of italian Crown.
                        The cross below the cross of Commander of the Order of Italian Crown is not easy to be indentified, the picture is not good...is similar to the Order of Pope Saint Sylvester, but is impossible to be sure.

On the medal bar is important to say that this General recived 5 medal for military valour, if i'm not wrong first 4 are in silver and the last is in bronze.
                        Then, the first cross of the second medal bar is the cross of knight of the order of Saint Mauzio e Lazzaro.
                        Looking at the oter medals i can say that he took part to the ww1 and the camping of Libia or Italo-Turkish(is quite impossible to be sure of wich one because theese two medals-Libia and Italo Turca- ar very similar).
                        Then, below the medal bars, we have a plaque...i tkink is the spanish gran cruz al merito militar.

Stefano

P.s. Sorry for my very bad inglish

Comment

Originally posted by StevenR View Post
                          He is a Tenente Generale(i don't know how can i say it in englis, but i think is like division General).
                          The cross below the cross of Commander of the Order of Italian Crown is not easy to be indentified, the picture is not good...is similar to the Order of Pope Saint Sylvester, but is impossible to be sure.

On the medal bar is important to say that this General recived 5 medal for military valour, if i'm not wrong first 4 are in silver and the last is in bronze.
                          Then, the first cross of the second medal bar is the cross of knight of the order of Saint Mauzio e Lazzaro.
                          Looking at the oter medals i can say that he took part to the ww1 and the camping of Libia or Italo-Turkish(is quite impossible to be sure of wich one because theese two medals-Libia and Italo Turca- ar very similar).
                          Then, below the medal bars, we have a plaque...i tkink is the spanish gran cruz al merito militar.

Stefano

Looking again i see i have mistaken the grade, he is a Lieutnant Colonel.
                          The cloth below the stars on the cuff is not wite.
                          Last edited by StevenR; 10-25-2015, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenR View Post

Stefano

GREAT INFO - Stefano!

Thank you for your nice help with this!

M.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X