Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court mounted ek2 I picked up

Gents,

Picked this up on Thursday from one of my contacts. Any idea what the ring is for? Matt
    Attached Files

A
    Attached Files

Comment

Ba
      Attached Files

Comment

That's a Bavarian style mount.

Comment

What is throwing me off is that odd little ring on the ring. Great cross and it came with that Hindenburg cross. Matt

Comment

Maybe it's there to suspend from a watch-fob or chain. I wouldn't over-think it. It's not meant to be there. Personally, I'd just take it off.

Comment

Looks like something was soldered to the ring and has been broken off

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                Maybe it's there to suspend from a watch-fob or chain. I wouldn't over-think it. It's not meant to be there. Personally, I'd just take it off.
                I was thinking the same thing but wanted to make sure before I take it off. Didn't want it to end up being some weird variation or what not. Matt

Comment

What if the ring means the cross was initially mounted on multiple-award bar, then for whatever reson removed and trasfered to single-mount? By the way, really nice single mount, I love the honest aging!

Comment

Originally posted by Valter Gorenc View Post
                    What if the ring means the cross was initially mounted on multiple-award bar, then for whatever reson removed and trasfered to single-mount? By the way, really nice single mount, I love the honest aging!
                    It's entirely possible, it's just the way I got it. Still a solid and unmessed with court mounted ek2. Matt

Comment

I would leave it on. You will never know why, but somebody thought is was a good idea at the time. Looks like it's been there for a long time too.

Comment

Originally posted by BILL View Post
                        I would leave it on. You will never know why, but somebody thought is was a good idea at the time. Looks like it's been there for a long time too.
                        x2
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Possibly had another medal hanging on to it. Kind of a homemade bar
                          for a guy who couldn't afford to have one made. Maybe when the Hindenburg
                          cross was awarded, but the original is lost. Who knows, but I would leave
                          it on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X