Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Imperial German Uniform, Ideas?

Hello All,

I have here a painting of Heinrich v Weitershausen from 1870-76 or later. I am wondering if anyone knows the type of uniform that he is wearing. I can only confirm that later in life he was a "forrester" and am wondering if this is a "forrester uniform" or an army uniform.
    He was from Hessen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rdsman/pic.jpg
    Last edited by Horseguardsman; 01-11-2005, 04:59 PM.

horseguardsman,
    The Paroli on the collar of the overcoat indicate an Austrian uniform to me. The tunic has Austrian attributes as well. It could be something else, as forestry uniforms are a mystery to me, but I am relatively sure that this type of collar insignia is typically Austrian.

Regards,
    Chip

Comment

Thank you,

I guess I will be spending the day looking at Austrian Uniforms and Rank!

Does anyone else have any ideas on this?

Comment

Beamter

Horseguardsman,

I would concur with Chip - Austro-Hungarian. He appears to be a Military Official (Militär-Beamter) with the equivalent rank of a captain. The "Rosettes" as opposed to stars on the collar denote his "official" status. I don't have a Military Schematismus for that period but no one of that name is listed in the 1865 edition. He is not wearing the uniform of an Austro-Hungarian Military Forestry Official.

Regards
        Glenn

Comment

Forestry Uniform

Guys; I am scarcly an expert here, but wouldn't a forestry official/officer have a dark green uniform? Just corroborating what you guys seem to have gone to.

Bob Lembke

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X