Feldgrau Mutze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldgrau Mutze

I am considering this purchase. Any opinions are welcome.
    Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

close up of cockade

close up
    Attached Files

Comment

close up of inside and markings

close up
      Attached Files

Comment

Any help

Any help?

Comment

Paul

This mutz may be original, but definately not bavarian. The bavarians only had three clothing and equipment depots (BA), so at a minimum, the bottom bavarian cockade is wrong for this depot. Also, the prongback cockades weren't typically used on the porkpies although I'm sure some were used.

Dave

Comment

Thanks

I am glad I did this post prior to bidding on the item. I will be making this a habit from now on so I don;t get burned.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko
              I am glad I did this post prior to bidding on the item.
              It is still a very nice Feldmütze Paul. As Dave said, the Kokarde is off a Schirmmütze, but I see correct issued Kokarden with the twin sewing holes for sale quite often. To me, this is a great cap in good condition with a very desirable Hessen Armee Korps stamp.

As with any cap, tunic, helmet with BA stamps, check the Kokarde, straps, or what-ever and compare it to the Armee-Korps to make sure it makes sense. Tony

Comment

marks

Dave, Tony,

Both of you seem to know which markings to with which armee. Can we maybe put together a list? If you want to send your information to me and I will comple a lost that is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Chepurko
                  Both of you seem to know which markings to with which armee. Can we maybe put together a list? If you want to send your information to me and I will comple a lost that is fine
                  Paul, for a list of Armee-Koprs, here is a link for AK on Glenn's excellent site, "A Pocket German Army". http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maampo/militaer/armkorp.html

For your own use, you can check a Regimental marking (only for the pre-Aug 1914 Regts) on my site, by using the lists of all pre-Aug 1914 units at the bottom of the Guide to Imperial German Uniforms 1842-1918 at this link: http://www.kaisersbunker.com/gtp/

Comment

If you decide to go for it, I have a nice Hessian two-hole cockade to complete it...

Cheers,

Arran.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the help. Arran, If I get it I will contact you and thank you vey much. That is one of the best things about the guys in this forum, everyone is always very willing to help other collectors.

Comment

Paul,
                        The split brad enlisted cockades were occasionally put on issue caps as original equipment. I have a mint issue Hessian cap that has a sewn-on national cockade and a split brad Hessian cockade and never had anything else. It is unit marked to B.A.XVIII and J.R.118.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X