Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these German items?

Hi
    Can anyone help me with ID on these two/ Came with a large collection of German items so assume they are possibly German. Your help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    andy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by andya; 01-09-2005, 05:17 PM. Reason: forgot picture

The first is definaly Bavarian veterans pin.
    Second i think it's not a german.

Alex Ponomarev

Comment

Hi Andy, I think both are WW1 Veterans commemorative items? I think this type of thing were sometimes worn on the watch chain?

I would agree with Alex on the first one, but the second one I would have to disagree on. I think it is German.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

The second is German, and is for a divisional "Armeewettkampf", or army contest, likely for athletics. "Kranz-Auszeichnung" literally means wreath-award.

Comment

The fact that number two is dated 1935 and does not contain a swastika indicates it might be Austrian. The general policy called (I think) Gleichshaltung under the NSDAP required the absorbtion of all German organizations into the Party. Any German organizational logo in 1935 for a German group would certainly include or display the Hakenkreutz.

Comment

Originally posted by GWA
            . . . Any German organizational logo in 1935 for a German group would certainly include or display the Hakenkreutz.
            This was generally true of political organizations (though many tinnies prove the exception) but very often was not the case for items of the German armed forces.

Don't know if they had 5 divisions in 1935, but IMHO this "medal" has a lot of earmarks of those perennial foolers . . . items from the Swiss Army. Any maker's mark on this, which might settle the matter?

Comment

Swiss..

Originally posted by VerKuilen Ager
              This was generally true of political organizations (though many tinnies prove the exception) but very often was not the case for items of the German armed forces.

Don't know if they had 5 divisions in 1935, but IMHO this "medal" has a lot of earmarks of those perennial foolers . . . items from the Swiss Army. Any maker's mark on this, which might settle the matter?
              Hi all, the second badge is 100% swiss.. I was born in Switzerland and spent 3 years on active duty and 10 in the reserve (just in case you wanted to know..)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X