ID on a White Falcon ribbon bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID on a White Falcon ribbon bar?

Officially, this new ribbon bar of mine qualifies as "been there".

Not much to look at, but I'm hopeful that the Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach White Falcon Knight 1st Class might eventually lead to an identification of this bar. The backing is navy blue, so that might go a long way to pointing towards the service of the original owner - unless there are known examples of non-Navy types sporting that hue. No definate evidence of what the devices on the long service ribbons were, but there are holes for devices in both of those ribbons. On the right LS ribbon, there's a tiny line of fraying that seems to be in about the right place for the wing of a Heer/Kriegsmarine eagle, but that's admittedly stretching a bit.

The number of White Falcons awarded was low enough that I thought I'd throw this one out here in the event that it rang a bell with someone.

--Chris

Wow!! Salty!!
    Try pming Rick-he might help you.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
      Wow!! Salty!!
      Try pming Rick-he might help you.
      Until some more award rolls get published, it looks like he's hit a dead end. Wasn't able to find a match with the HH only, in the February 1918 Naval Ranklist, most had other awards as well.

Comment

Yeah-but what about the 1938 ranklist? Given the holes in the LS medals-that would be more appropriate?

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
          Yeah-but what about the 1938 ranklist? Given the holes in the LS medals-that would be more appropriate?
          As someone who hasn't a single ranklist in his grubby little paws, any clue where I can find it, or who best to pester? (When it comes down to it, I really have but the sketchiest pictures of what's even out there.)

Thanks,
          --Chris

Comment

The big problem is, these TR lists show no awards!
            It seems like this guy got the White Falcon very late in WWI, so this doesn't show in the WWI lists. And he was not in the Reichsmarine, so must have been recalled in the 30s. The eagles would provide a clue, as we would know how much service time he had. But as it is, we can only wait for the Saxon-Weimar rolls to come out!

Regards
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by webr55
              The big problem is, these TR lists show no awards!
              It seems like this guy got the White Falcon very late in WWI, so this doesn't show in the WWI lists. And he was not in the Reichsmarine, so must have been recalled in the 30s. The eagles would provide a clue, as we would know how much service time he had. But as it is, we can only wait for the Saxon-Weimar rolls to come out!

Regards
              Chris
              Ew...

The '38 list just list names / ranks / basic biographic details?

Comment

Yup. Even the biographic details are few (mainly just seniority).

Comment

Originally posted by webr55
                  Yup. Even the biographic details are few (mainly just seniority).
                  Drat.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X