Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinion on the market/collecting activity

Hi,

I've had quite a long pause from following things related to orders&decorations, nor I have not bought anything worth mentioning for a while.

As some of you know, my main "thing" is Austrian orders and some German ones (Baden, Oldenburg, Prussia) etc so these are the main streams I try to follow mostly (+ billion of others, but not so intensively)

I of course collect some stuff from my own country too (Finland) mostly the so called Civil Guard items.

During the last 1-2 years, I have noticed some serious fall on prices for Finnish stuff. Also some WW1 orders seem to have taken quite a "hit" lately. The most rare items have kept their prices well or even raised (also in my country), but the common ones are really going with cheap prices now.

Sorry if you feel the message is confusing - I have quite a few gin tonics behind (and forth) I just would like to know if anyone else has noticed this kind of thing going on in you collection area.

Of course it's always nice get things cheaper now, but it's also not so comfortable to think that "wow, my collection seems to have lost 60% of it's value )

Well... Easy way to avoid this worry is (as probably every collector has been told many times) - that *buy only real and rare ones first - the rest cheaper ones you can get later*

P.s.

My special regards and "thank yous" to Streptile and Elmar Lang - they both are so solid pro experts in their own areas I just wish I'd be even halfway there the same sometimes and I would be happy

I think I agree with what you are saying. The hard to find pieces are still
    holding their value and the common stuff seams to be down a little.

That's good for me as it might allow me to fill some gaps in my collection
    and I don't worry about taking a hit from falling prices. I am a collector.
    I have no plans of selling.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
    X