Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Puzzle

What is this EK?
    The numbers 9 and, 4 and crown look like nothing I've seen before on my original and fake picture galleries. Wondering if this is a fake or a private purchase, or Third Reich construction. Cross measures 41x41 exactly (had to use a tape, though, as my steel rule is misplaced). The black appears to be a thick smooth coating, almost impeccably done. Frame to the obverse appears to be solid silver. Three part construction, non-magnetic.
    Although it's not clear from the photos, there is a dimple on the top arm, where a ring would go. Spot on in the centre. The case interior, other than the black Base, appears almost identical construction to the interior of a '39 case I have. Button has a brass ring around it, and where the back of the Base is splitting, there appears to be dried animal glue.

Reverse

screengrab

Comment

Obverse and case interior

picture share

Comment

Obverse

print screen windows

Comment

Lid

images hosting

Comment

Button

photo upload sites

Comment

Where the pin is under the catch, the finish has removed and it appears to have a brass/bronze base metal under the silver finish.

Comment

It's a post-WW2 Deumer, probably from the 50s (early 57er period, or before). Nice cross!

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Mike. That certainly solves the puzzle I had: looked too good for a fake, but not good enough for an Imperial cross, especially given the TR style case. It was the finish which struck me as odd.
                  Thanks a lot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X