• Show
Clear All

Austrian 8 piece medal bar

Hello:

I am in the process of taking new pictures and thought yoy guys might

like to see a nice medal bar.. Thanks

Rich
    Attached Files

From the first sight to me it seems like new constructed bar from original medals. Closeups from medals can determinate if there are any fakes among them.

Comment

Can we see the reverse too.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Actually, it isn't an Austrian medal bar, but a German one (1938-'45) belonged to a former Austrian subject, who took part to the Anschluß of 1938, participated to WW2, where he earned an EK-II.

It is curious that there are the Hungarian and Bulgarian war commemorative medals and not the Austrian one (that should evidently be present).

More, the Karl-Truppenkreuz comes after the Kriegsmedaille 1873.

The bar looks like being very well mounted, and with original ribbons, but there are too many mistakes.

Best wishes,

E.L.

Comment

IMO this bar didnt belong to no "subject",...it is put together after WW2.

Comment

Interesting Observations

Let me post a photo of the Reverse. Please continue. I am learning.

Rich

Comment

Reverse and Notes from Purchase in 2007

Reverse and Notes from Purchase in 2007

I would like to get this bar figured out. I thank all of you

Rich
              Attached Files
              Last edited by collector rich; 06-18-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Do some pictures in natural light.
                pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Elmar Lang View Post
                  It is curious that there are the Hungarian and Bulgarian war commemorative medals and not the Austrian one (that should evidently be present).
                  Best wishes,

E.L.
                  Hi Enzo!

Sorry, but I have to disagree in this case. Many Austrians wore commemorative medals like these WITHOUT the Austrian one for different reasons.

Concerning the bar itself: from what I see here I don't believe that it existed before 1945...

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm........I vote aye, with serious reservations. The construction looks similar to tje Bavarian guy who supplied Kelly's @ 10 years ago and the Crusade medal is a warning sign to me. Often fakers like to throw on a foreign medal as a "attractor". BUT, There were hundreds of thousands of Austrians who only got the KK in 1917-19 and the war medal was handed out by local Austrian vets groups from 1920-1938. Seems like the right sort of medal bar for a recalled late 30s aged NCO. .....maybe sporting a wound badge. The lack of an Austrian war medal isnt as big a bother to me because some Austrian Nazis deliberately rejected the Republican medal as a representation of an illegitimate regime outside of Greater Germany. The HKx is often missing from legitimate Austrian groups because of the short application period.

Comment

I owned this bar a long time ago and sold it in good faith after it was vetted by Rick L. (I sold a BUNCH of stuff at the time as I was in the midst of buying a house). I may have even sold it to Rich but I don't remember. I do seem to remember, however, it was flawlessly constructed and everything was tightly tied down. The information Rich included above is originally from Rick.

Here are a couple brighter pictures...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X