Godet EK2??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Godet EK2??

Ok guys so it was suggested on the crosses forum that this may be an unmarked Godet ek2. I don't know if thats rare or uncommon but this is exactly how it came out of the woodwork here this weekend. I would appreciate any assistance with identifying a maker on it. Here is the link to other ww1 EK2s I picked up over the weekend and also scored a interesting ww1 BWB with a thick pin and no MM: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=806230

In regards to this ek2, it just stood out to me and I couldn't say no to it. The case is beyond destroyed and I don't even know if its the original case or what not but its how it came. The ribbon has been heavily worn and damaged as it appears to have been wet or something like that which must have destroyed the case. Would love to hear some thoughts on it. Matt
    Attached Files

Its held in the case by a pin with two prongs, you can see it in the pics. Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

What a great set
      I would not take the cross out of the box as IMO the patina on the cross
      and the damage to the box match up just perfect. It really gives you
      a feeling of history.

Wile I can not say for certain, I also think that the maker is Godet.

Comment

Greg,

Thank you for the comment. I saw it and there was just something about it that jumped out at me. It's a pretty cool cross even though the case is not in the best condition. I get them as they come and this one is untouched and really cool in my opinion. Thanks for the comment. Matt

Comment

I like it too but it's not a Godet. All Godets had the same shape (this cross has a different shape), although they did use this core. This cross could be an R or a We or a Wagner. There may be a small mark on the small ring if it's an R.

Also, Godet 1914 EK2s are anything but rare.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
            I like it too but it's not a Godet. All Godets had the same shape (this cross has a different shape), although they did use this core. This cross could be an R or a We or a Wagner. There may be a small mark on the small ring if it's an R.

Also, Godet 1914 EK2s are anything but rare.
            I appreciate the info. I'll look over the ring again when I get home but im about 99% sure there are no markings on it at all. Is there anything that denotes for sure any of those other makers? I can take some better closer shots as well if that would help. Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X