Help Identifying an Imperial Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Identifying an Imperial Medal

Acquired this in a lot of Imperial items a little while ago, and I have had a hard time identifying it. Sadly part of the item appears to have been removed/fallen off.

Wurttemberg officers long service cross. 1833 to 1864 with the W on it. Nice piece and it will still perfectly display on a medal bar!

Comment

Yes. It's the first model of the Württemberg officer's Long Service Cross 1st class for 25 years. Quite scarce, actually.

It should have a central medallion with crossed swords and the words "FÜR TREUE DIENSTE".

Comment

Ah, quite older then I was expecting! Thank you for the identification everyone, sadly most of the information on the older awards in only in German, so I'm quite thankful for the help. Now I just need to find a medal bar for it.....

Comment

As already noted, this is a beautiful 100% correct example of a rare award. It should also be noted that the central reverse medallion with crossed swords and the words "FÜR TREUE DIENSTE” was not introduced until 1864.

Congratulations Carthin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Card View Post
            As already noted, this is a beautiful 100% correct example of a rare award. It should also be noted that the central reverse medallion with crossed swords and the words "FÜR TREUE DIENSTE” was not introduced until 1864.

Congratulations Carthin!
            what was the reverse medallion before 1864? I only have a reference with the obverse.

Comment

It was exactly as we see it here. Plain, with three holes. While there were variations of the body form during this period, there was no plaque or medallion on the reverse.

Comment

Early bars of this württemberg period are very hard to find !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X