Prussian medal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prussian medal bar

Hi.I ask to express your opinion about this medal bar.Prussian awards for service and only oldenburg cross for ww1?Thank you.Alexander.

Good one, may be i will take it...

Comment

Thanks for opinion,Incidentally I found this one ,was on sale in April very strange threads in in the first post.Original awards but medal bar assembly.Regards.Alexander.

Comment

seems that is the same bar. may be they removed the red aegle and crown order because of its higher value.

330 is a normal price - if you add all medals

Comment

At the price I agree. Who could possess this bar? Not combatant officer?

Comment

All my books are packed up right now. Isn't the LS award the 25 year cross for officers?
            pseudo-expert

Comment

No, for Feldwebel aufwärts.

Comment

Thanks for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by römischIX View Post
                  No, for Feldwebel aufwärts.
                  Thanks. I really don't pay attention to LS awards. They are like Hindys, just there. We probably should do a thread on them some day.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

And for example for Deckoffiziere (= chief warrant officer)

In my opinion in most times they got the RAO and KO Medal for civil merit, it was not an official medal,
                    they were paid by the kaiser and he gave them out. Sometimes they were given in wartimes for "merit".
                    A FA-cross + LSC is not so unusual.
                    i have seen a picture with a "war official" in a rank of a major - he only had the Hindycross not more, or
                    sometimes you can see captains and higher ranks with only a 4 years LS medal on (wehrmacht one)
                    Last edited by römischIX; 05-23-2015, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Nice example that shows how medal bars are being messed with...

Any idea who swapped them out? Is the current seller also selling the KO and RAO?

Comment

in April sale was from the same seller.KO and RAO separately he didn't sell.

Comment

ouch!

ouch! What was a nice navy officers' bar got hashed up in an attempt to make it a super-navy Warrent officers' bar. Pity. more history destroyed.

Comment

Prussian medal bar

I think initially it was without awards both ribbon bar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X