Ribbon bar for Godet 3 place medal bar - opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar for Godet 3 place medal bar - opinions please

I believe the ribbon bar shown here is not the correct one for this medal bar. The center ribbon is for the Hindenburg Cross w/ swords and not for the German Honorary World War Commemorative Medal of the German Legion of Honor. Am I right?

If anyone has the correct ribbon bar for this medal bar please post a pic on this thread. Thanks.

Best, Alex

Did they come together? The ribbon bar would be the recipiant's post 1934 awards as the Hindy replaced all the non-official commemoratives.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Yes, as a matter of fact they did come together. But the previous owner commented that he thought they belonged together because of the similar grey wool backing. But I didn't know the Hindy had replaced all non-official commemoratives post 1934. So this would mean that this ribbon bar is correct for this medal bar after all, right?

Comment

Interesting one. I only know this label of earlier bars.

Comment

I'll let Trevor weigh in on the dating of the labet
          l.

Both bars have the same hardware and sewing etc... I wonder of he had his bar updated as well and these two just found thier way into a drawer or chest never to be worn.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by EK Hunter View Post
            this would mean that this ribbon bar is correct for this medal bar after all, right?
            Yes, they're a matched set.

Right after a move, Godet sometimes used old labels with the old address folded under. I bet that's the case here. If you took the label off and unfolded it (don't), you'd see an address that they just moved out of.

I'll check my files later and see if I have a complete picture of this label. That'll help us date it.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I knew Trevor would be along. He has a GODET fetish.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks God he has it, so that we are having some interesting posts to read here!
                Originally posted by Don D. View Post

Comment

NICE bar!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don D. View Post
                    Well, I can think of slightly odder things to fetishize. Only slightly odder...
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post

I'll check my files later and see if I have a complete picture of this label. That'll help us date it.
                      Thanks Trevor. I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of the label.

Comment

Yes, It's a really nice bar.

But $200 or "best offer" on e-stand, seriously? Just because it has a Godet label on it I presume?

The bronze Saxon medal is $35-$40 on a good day, and very common. The veteran medal is about $20-$25. And the Hungarian medal is on the lower end of the same ballpark as these other two. The 3-medals separately don't even add up to $100 in value if they weren't on a Godet labeled medal bar...

I wish you the best with your e-stand venture.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

I see nobody posted the label it’s a lovely bar very tempting If was cheaper always get hit with customs charges buying from USA too.

Comment

Originally posted by Imperialww1 View Post
                            customs charges buying from USA
                            The customs charge really makes it difficult to buy from the USA.

Finland has a customs charge of 24% of the value. Just like the giant spider in the Hobbit trilogy said when stabbed in the eye "It stings, it stings"

Comment

Talking about fetishes coud be very interesting ... but off-topic.

And European customs is a pain in the xxx too. Nowadays I often find prohibiting buying things from USA, one thing is shipping costs, and then add the customs, and/or VAT, which is another 20% or more. Sadly,

But let's get to the bars. I think both are very nice and I agree they could be old days medal bar plus 1934+ ribbon bar. In 1934 with introduction of Hindenburg cross all unofficial veterans, freicorps etc. awards were banned, except Silesian eagle and Iron Roland. Maybe some other too, but most were no-go anymore.

I see the hinges on both bars are a bit uncommon with long hinge base. The catches on both are also not-so-common type, thick golden (tombak, messing?) ones. Are these tipical Godet hardware?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X