Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Bar - Help to identify medals

Hi folks,

Can anyone help me to identify the second, third and fifth medals on this medal bar? The 2nd and 3rd are saxon medals, and the last is a veteran organization medal, but I didn´t manage to find anything else about them.

Thanks in advance,

Douglas.
    Attached Files

The second one is the Silver Military St. Henry Medal, a high bravery award. This one here looks like a silver plated "Spangenstück" for the medal-bar. Third is the Saxon War Merit Cross (usually awarded for meritorious service at home) and the fifth is the "Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkriege mit dem Kampfabzeichen der Deutschen Ehrenlegion", an unofficial award from the Weimar "everything was possible on a medal-bar" period. Nice medal-bar and interesting combination!

Comment

The Combo us quite odd.
      I suppose Your brave guy was seriously wounded early in the war, received immediately the Henry medal but not a Friedrich August-Medal and spend the rest of the war sitting on a rear area desk to get later the War Merit cross.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thanks

Jens and Daniel,

Many thanks for your kind replies! It seems that I made a nice addition to my small collection! The Silver Military St. Henry Medal was a surprise, since I took this bar mainly because the Flandreskreuz with bar.

May I ask what is the market value of this St. Henry Medal ?

Thanks once more.

Douglas.

Comment

I think the Spangenstück may be around 80 Euros.

Comment

He could also have been a senior NCO/Officer candidate and inelligable for the Freidrich August medals.An interesting and nice bar.

Comment

WOW WOW Douglas,

Great Navy Bar!!!

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X