Mountain troops..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain troops..

I always find this to be one of the nicest EK docs, and the Alpenkorps (was actually a division) was maybe THE elite WW1 Division, it served as assault troops on just about evry single front...
    Attached Files

All the WW1 Ek docs. I have are very simple,, but this one is a beauty!!!

Eric

Comment

Deutsche Alpenkorps

Chris,

I have the same document framed in my collection room. I picked it up at the Stuttgart show back in the 1980s. At the time, I did not have the money to buy all of the other documents to this man. My EKII document is named to Vizefeldwebel Sievers, dated 23.6.1918 and signed by Major Graf von Bothmer.

This is not the nicest one that I have seen, however. I have another one from the 3.bayr.I.D. that is the most beautiful color lithograph you could imagine. Another wonderful example with outstanding graphics is one from the 5.(Rohr) Sturm Bataillon, signed by Rohr himself.

Regards,
      Chip

Comment

Hi Chip,
        The problem i have with the alpenkorps ones is that it seems only the Leib regt used a stamp on it.
        all others seem just to have a signature.
        On the two I have the is a print variation however !!!
        Bottom right...
        Attached Files

Comment

q
          Attached Files

Comment

I have 3 of the 3 b.I.D., you are right, they are nice indeed, but there are some that are just as nice

Comment

For example, St Babs, patron saint of artillery for this Bavarian Arty regt...

I need to photograph that one again.
              Attached Files

Comment

Documents

Chris,

The Bavarian field artillery document is very nice. I have not seen that one before. I bought just a few documents with graphics back in the early 1980s in Germany. They were expensive even then, costing $50-$150 each. Besides the two I mentioned, the only other pieces I have with nice artwork are Ehrenblatt that commemorate specific actions, like trench raids.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X