An EK2 maker request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An EK2 maker request...

Hi Guys - I recently received this EK2 along with a few other medals and document. Can anyone help with the maker? It's actually a really nice cross - the rust only appears when taking a photo. It's not that visible to the naked eye.

Thanks!

Brian
    Attached Files

Looks like a Godet. Look for the letter 'G' on the ring.

Comment

I thought it was a Godet too, but I held it next to one of my Godet EK1s (I don't have a Godet EK2) and the frame seems larger. There is no mark on the ring that I can see. I am not well versed on the variations in Godet design, so I guess there could have been at least two frame sizes used on these EK2s, one larger than the other?

Comment

It's not a Godet.

Too hard on this one to be sure who the maker is.

One possibility is R.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Here's one I have which appears to be identical and which is marked 'G' on the ring. That and the concave, pebbled leaves on the reverse is why I though yours was a Godet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi bolewts58,

That one isn't a Godet, and it's not marked G. The core is indeed the same but it was used by multiple makers.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Agree with 'streptile' both crosses have the "Godet" core but neither has the frame, which is more alike to "R" crosses yet not 100% but very close.
              Are there any markings on the loop at the top of cross??

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                Hi bolewts58,

That one isn't a Godet, and it's not marked G. The core is indeed the same but it was used by multiple makers.
                Admittedly the mark isn't clear. Under a loop it looks like the usual Godet G. But, scanned it doesn't. The mark is on the suspension loop. No mark on the jump ring.

So, what maker do you think the mark is? I'm in the process of selling this cross and don't want to mislead anyone.

Comment

Guys - Thanks for the responses. It's a very nice cross and I will keep it in the collection.

B

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X