Eric Ludvigsen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric Ludvigsen

Eric Ludvigsen, another major figure in the world of Imperial German and Austrian awards, died at his home in Maryland on 28 November.

He was one of those collectors who amassed an incredible amount of information about medals and was always willing to share it. I could always count on Eric to have at his fingertips the exact information I was seeking on some Imperial award - usually including the numbers awarded in the various classes.

A man of great humor and wit who will be missed.

I am sorry to hear that, Jeff. What is wrong with this year?

best wishes,
    Gerd

Comment

Jeff,

I although I did not know Eric, it is always sad to hear such news. Was it unexpected?
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

A saddening loss.

As Jeff says, Eric was one of the nicest and most helpful people in the collecting community. If you leaf through Neal O'Connor's aviation awards series, you can see how much of a contributor to this field Eric was.

As with Jeff, Eric was helpful to me on numerous occasions with research questions, and an occasional hard-to-find ribbon.

Comment

Such sad news. Eric was very helpful and a really nice person to work with. Both Eric and George will be missed.
          Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Another great collector gone. I'm sorry i missed his "how to read a medal bar" seminar at the OMSA convention.

Comment

Jeff,

I am very saddened by this loss...... Eric was working with me at the MAX show in October on some Imperial items.....

This is very very sad news.... Our hobby has another black day ....

Mark

Comment

This really bums me out. I knew Eric for nearly 20 years. A fine gentleman whom I enjoyed his observations and humor over a fine meal or kicking tires at the shows. I was looking forward to seeing him at the upcoming SoS. He was his fine jolly self at the MAX. Two great guys and collectors have passed and I feel a bit more lonely. No disrespect to the forum members but these guys leave a space that I feel can't be replaced. I feel so sad, sad, sad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X