Baden Officers Medal Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baden Officers Medal Bar

Well, after many years I am finally able to go through the older part of my collection. Some of it consists of Imperial German items. One in particular is a Baden Officers ordenspange. I have had it for over 40 years now. Bought it at a small antique furniture shop which was in the old Imperial Barracks of Leib-Grenadier Regiment 109. Paid the Princely sum of 50 DM. It also came with the Silesian Eagle First Class and Baltic Cross.

What I would like to find out is if this bar is researchable, or not, to learn who the officer may have been. From the awards I would guess that he was an officer with pre-WWI and post-WWI service. Any replies would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Edward; 09-06-2014, 12:02 PM.

What color is the back of the bar?
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Has a gray backing.

Comment

Let's see it.
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Here ya go.
          Attached Files

Comment

No chance on the research. There is not enough to go on.
            Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

A nicely made bar though.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

A superb looking original medal bar!

Kind regards
                Pierce

Comment

FANTASTIC bar!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind replies guys. Just a few further questions.

Would he have been a pre-war Officer?

Any estimate as to what his rank may have been at wars end?

Also, the Silesian Eagle was made by Godet. Any chance that the bar was made by Godet?

Comment

Very nice bar, congrats.

The bar is not a typical Godet style.

It's very common to have different makers' awards on a bar assembled by yet another party.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Nice bar.

I take it for 50 Reichs-Mark

Comment

Thanks again for the kind replies.

From the medal bar I would guess that he was a pre-war Officer? Or, does the Dienstauszeichnung 2nd Class (12 Dienstjahre) mean that he was a former Other Ranks later promoted to Officer?

Does the Hamburg Cross on the bar mean that at some point he was recognized by another command in the same front area which was from Hamburg?

From the awards it appears that he spent some time with the Freikorps in both Silesia and the Baltic States.

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to put some type of service history to the bar even if it is impossible to identify who it belonged to. Any thoughts most appreciated.

Comment

From the medal bar I would guess that he was a pre-war Officer? Or, does the Dienstauszeichnung 2nd Class (12 Dienstjahre) mean that he was a former Other Ranks later promoted to Officer?

Yes, promoted from the enlisted man ranks.

Does the Hamburg Cross on the bar mean that at some point he was recognized by another command in the same front area which was from Hamburg?

Yes, or he was a born in Hamburg.

From the awards it appears that he spent some time with the Freikorps in both Silesia and the Baltic States.

Agreed.
                            Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

Paul, thank you for taking the time to answer those questions. Much appreciated.

Jerry

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X