Prinzen boxed pilot fake or genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prinzen boxed pilot fake or genuine

Well i bought this on Ebay. Now i think its a copy but i cant say 100% as i have never seen another copy like it so opinions please. Paid hardly anything for it so it makes no odds either way .
    look forward to the comments. !!
    Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

Hi-
    The bow doesn't conform to any originals that I am aware of, additionally, there should not be a berry on the left side of the wreath-just at the beginning of the mountain coming into view. If this piece is solid as it appears to be, it may be of 1930's manufacture (if it is good).It is always best to make a judgement with the piece in hand as it can be very hard to tell. In this case however I don't like what I see so far-not saying it is 100% fake-just don't like it. Maybe Tony or Stogieman will chime in, they have always been very helpful to me.
    Thanks

Comment

thanks !!

yes it is solid....it doesnt ring totally true to me either..but then it may be a thirties piece or a total fake ..!! keep the advice comming !! all good fun !!
      cheers
      Steve

Comment

I really dont understand....

... why there would be any question on this item. The seller clearly states within the listing that he believes it to be a recently made fake....

Comment

Originally posted by stogieman
          ... why there would be any question on this item. The seller clearly states within the listing that he believes it to be a recently made fake....
          Most likely a lack of German abilities.

Comment

why...

it was listed with two others which exceeded 300/400 Euros each......copies you tend to see in circulation this one i have not. I am aware of what the seller states. But i have also purchased badges from "dealers" listed as copies which are 100% genuine.
            It is better to be 100% certainon an items authenticity than not. If everyone is happy that it is a repro then great. Otherwise it would be nice to recieve other info,including if anyone has seen similiar copies in circulation .So yes a small part of me does think it may be 1930s.
            We will see..
            Regards
            SF

Comment

Yes, you're quite correct....

... it was listed with several other FAKE, COPY Austrian pieces that sold for stupid money......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X