Kassel and the things I acquired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kassel and the things I acquired.

I have to say from the start that my budget was meagre when compared to what I had in Stuttgart. But thats life.. And here are the things that came home with me besides three books i also bought.
    First off here is a Baden Field service award from the reign of Grand Duke Leopold. After beign awarded they were always a part of a medalbar, so all single awards that are found are almost always without a ribbon. The ribbon itself is very rare especially after 150 years and that explains why i have a different ribbon with this one.
    Antti

reverse.
    Antti

Comment

Secondly a Baden campaign medall for the "liberation" of Baden after the revolution of 1848. Known also as the Bröder mord-Medaille, because most of Badens army revolted during the revolution and as such Badeneurs were fighting Badeneurs.
      Antti

Comment

reverse
        Antti

Comment

Third the Jubileums medaille of the reign of Grand Duke Friedrich I of Baden. He ruled Baden as Grand Duke from 1852 to 1907 and this medall is from the 50th anniversiry. A rarer modell exhists for 1907, but i've never seen it.
          Antti

Comment

reverse..
            Antti

Comment

And at end here is my Baden family, now alot bigger.
              Any comments are appreciated.
              Antti

Comment

Hi,

Very nice medals . Like you I love Baden medals and knight cross. I only have Karl-Friedrich knight cross and knight cross of 2nd class with X of Zähringen order.

You have to buy one Karl-Friedrich knight cross to have a complete group from Baden.

Christophe
                Originally posted by Blitz
                And at end here is my Baden family, now alot bigger.
                Any comments are appreciated.

Comment

Hey Guy

Welcome back... sounds like you had a fun show........

I like the awards....... looks like your gonna have to build a larger box

Cheers
                  Mark

Comment

Hi Antti!

You have gathered a nice "Badener" Family! Very nice.... Are you going Baden crazy???? What would be your next step? A OZL with oakleaves or a RK 1st class?

Very tasteful display... very well done! Keep up collecting Imperial... it will pay off!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Thank you friends! I think that i have indeed gone Baden-crazy. Next additions will depend on next year's financial situation. But there is always something...
                      Antti

Comment

Nice Stuff, Antti Thats a good little collection of the best known Baden medals.

best,
                        Gerd

Comment

Thanks Gerd.
                          Antti

Comment

Hey Blitz,

Congrats on the additions to your collection Did you have a nice time at the show?
                            Regards
                            Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Thanks Simon! I had a great time there. Saw old friends, made some new ones and learned something new. The only downside was that i didn't meet alot of members there. So many announced that they would show up and I met one of them.
                              Antti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X