What medal is this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What medal is this???

Okay, one more real quick. This came with a grouping, and I have no idea on it. Help please!!!
    And thanks very much in advance!
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

This looks like a Franz Josef Medal with a Bulgarian ribbon. Correct me if I am wrong please.

Comment

The ribbon actually looks like a faded Hungarian long service ribbon from the regency period (1919-1944).

The medal is the Signum Memoriae, the commemorative medal for the 50th anniversary of Franz Josef's reign, issued in 1898.

Comment

BTW, the ribbon is probably rarer than the medal.

Comment

Thanks SOOOOO much for the info. The back of the ribbon is somewhat greener and redder than the front. The original owner apparently wore them quite a bit.
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

See post # 2 and the portrait on this thread...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=74835

thanks again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X