Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Brian

What's the UV verdict?

I once bought a similar piece (except the crosses were K.O. marked and case lacked the wreath) but since the lining glowed like Chernobyl I decided to send the thing back.

Comment

Well, I have been watching the various cased awards that pop up for sale on ebay etc. for the last couple of years and have been VERY skeptical. I was looking for a nice representive set and found this one, as it seemed to be period manufactured (I have seen all sorts including the US cases that Rick V. mentioned). This one really seems to be perfect in every way. There is no UV glow at all (even the EK ribbon is original). The base is securely fitted to the base - I get the point about old glue losing its strength, but I'm not about to break it apart to see how it was originally manuafactured. Chris' point about the corners of the lid lining is well taken, however it appears that the folds were done intentially to ehance its design. Each fold shows lighter material under the crease, as the lack of exposure has preserved the liner in the crevices to a greater extent than the dirtier (exposed) lid liner. Also, the liner and base have the smell I would expect from a period piece - similar to the smell of my other cased awards. Overall the case has a very similar exterior finish to the outsides of WWII EK1 cases. Unfortunately the pictures don't do it justice.

Thanks so much for the comments and feedback!!

Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X