Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medal Search

Hello all,

I'm looking for a postwar German veteran's medal called the Erinnerungskreuz.
    It is in the form of a cross with a pair swords forming and "X" through the middle. In the center of the cross is a cartouche with a crown and the lettters "FR". There is wording with something to the effect of, "Treu zu dem Regiment". The ribbon is dark blue with a narrow yellow central stripe, flanked by a red stripe on each side. These are often found with regimental unit bars on them. I am looking for the cross, with or without ribbon or just a length of the ribbon alone. Thanks

Chip

Like this?
    Attached Files

Comment

FYI... There's a discussion in an older thread that discusses what color combinations have been confirmed for what branches.

Comment

Erinnerungskreuz

Tom,

Yes, thanks, that is the one. I have a bar that came with a grouping of insignia and documents from a soldier in the Gebirgs Maschengewehr Abt.Nr.201. There was also a second class Iron Cross, unfortunately without ribbon.

landsknechte,

Now that you mention it, I have seen two differently colored ribbons on this medal. One was as I described and the other, as I recall, did not have the yellow stripes on either side of the central red stripe. I cannot open the link you sent for the old string, but will try to find it.

Any help with the medal or ribbon?

Thanks,
        Chip

Comment

Chip,

here is the link again.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...bbons+treu+dem

best,
          Gerd

Comment

Treu dem Regiment

Thanks all,

At least now I know what I am looking for. I suppose a mountain machine gun unit would use the infantry colored ribbon? I have another bar to a Jäger Batln. and I am not happy to find that they took yet another colored ribbon. It will be even more difficult to find!

Regards,
            Chip

Comment

I would not be surprised if Mountain troops had even a different ribbon.
              There are some more ribbons existing which I do not know until now.

SURE in my list on that old thread are just the plain blue for the Navy and the colors for Jäger and Artillery/Technical troops.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Mountain Troops Ribbon!?

Gee Daniel, I wish you had not told me that! Now I am back to where I started.

When I see these medals in the future, I will now know to pay attention to the ribbons.

Best regards,
                Chip

Comment

here a nice example on a bar for Mr. Minx:

What worries me a bit is that it doesn't correspond to Daniel Krause's excellent research. These colours should be for a cavalry unit, shouldn't they?
                  The owner didn't read your post, Daniel. Nobody's perfect...
                  Regards
                  Gilles
                  P.S. Welcome on board Chip!
                  Last edited by Gilles C.; 12-05-2004, 05:45 PM.

Comment

ahhhhh infantry Regt 84... they fought in some bad, bad places... nice indeed...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X