Redundancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redundancy?

Detlev's got this nice bar for sale, and as I was perusing his cataloge it caught my eye. But I was wondering: why the two MVKs? I'm guessing he won one then the other, but wouldn't the Kreuz mit K&S supersede the Swords alone and cause it's removal from the bar?
    Attached Files
    Thanks,
    Eric Gaumann

Hi Eric:
    Yup-
    we already discussed this odd bar in a thread below.
    However, while I think this is a fake, I recently trurned up a photo of an SA Obergruppenfuhrer and Mayor in which he is wearing a similar bar (not the same).
    Odd and unlikely.

Comment

it would cause the removal - but there are to many pics which show, that regulation isn't all!
      like the pic jeff mentioned or german cross in gold and silver (worn together was also not allowed but pics are around)
      i think, for a fake it would be too much argumentation on such a bar, that the faker makes one which is easyer to sell, without argumentation.
      look at the bar claudio posted a while ago - also 2 bavarian ones on it - but i like it, because i think regulation was there but wasn't all.
      christian

Comment

CĀ“mon Guys,

We had this kind of Problem some time ago with Claudios bar.
        There are people who like it and there are people who not like it. Both have their reasons. Both think they are right.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

But Daniel....

Notice that the ribbon(s) on the MVK's are not only folded different, but have faded differently. I would submit that if this bar was made at the same time, then we'd be looking at identical fade to the ribbon as it would be highly unlikely that 2 different batches of ribbon were used to make the bar....
          Yes, I agree that there are always exception to what's accepted and what the regs. say..... But, with this bar, the only thing I see wrong is the double MVK2wX, I felt the Claudio's had a multitude of issues (IMO).
          Bottom line is, one must be happy with what one buys, even into the realm of unusual!

Comment

Now that you mention it....

The wear on the medals and the grime on the ribbons does seem to be very uneven. Even though Detlev's selling it I would still feel kinda funny about owning this. Not to mention that that EK2 is, at the very least, butt-ugly.
            Thanks,
            Eric Gaumann

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X