German Vets in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Vets in America

Was recently in northern Wisconsin and Minn on my annual wild rice and antiques expedition. In an antique mallnear Turtle Lake Wis. I found and old notary type seal for the St. Paul Deutscher Krieger Verein which I thought would be the high point of the trip. Then across the border in another mall I ran across a group photo of the St Paul DKV which is a bit over 20 inches long. I will try and show it here in two sections. The dealer thought it was a State militia photo until I pointed out the iron crosses and gorgets being worn. It looks like the group outfitted them selves with US military surplus uniforms and all are wearing belt buckels with the letters "MASS" Neat picture! Anyone have similar items? Enjoy.
    Attached Files

Part 2

Originally posted by Fred Borgmann
    Was recently in northern Wisconsin and Minn on my annual wild rice and antiques expedition. In an antique mallnear Turtle Lake Wis. I found and old notary type seal for the St. Paul Deutscher Krieger Verein which I thought would be the high point of the trip. Then across the border in another mall I ran across a group photo of the St Paul DKV which is a bit over 20 inches long. I will try and show it here in two sections. The dealer thought it was a State militia photo until I pointed out the iron crosses and gorgets being worn. It looks like the group outfitted them selves with US military surplus uniforms and all are wearing belt buckels with the letters "MASS" Neat picture! Anyone have similar items? Enjoy.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Borgmann
      Was recently in northern Wisconsin and Minn on my annual wild rice and antiques expedition. In an antique mallnear Turtle Lake Wis. I found and old notary type seal for the St. Paul Deutscher Krieger Verein which I thought would be the high point of the trip.
      I probably looked at that thing a dozen times and never realized what it was. That antique shop is only about 20 miles from my home.

Nice find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X