1914 EK2 Core Maker Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 EK2 Core Maker Please?

Any clues as to the maker of this 1914 EK2 core? Many thanks guys!
    Attached Files

Ko

Comment

re core

Many thanks!

Comment

Greetings Monty,

My understanding is that KO didn't actually manufacture cores themselves but used many cores from differing foundries ,the core you show is an early type that was used buy a number of cross makers. SW, KO, KAG, WS, S to name a few.
        There are some cores that we know were only used by certain makers, Godet and Carl Dellinus (CD800) crosses for example are found with one type of core (which maybe assumed to have been of their own manufacture) though these cores are also found to be used by other makers. The Godet core can be found in R marked crosses and I have heard them to be found in some KO marked crosses.

Regards,
        Scott

Comment

Scott is right, we just don't know the actual makers of most cores!

sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

I wonder did this core ever have the frames applied to it or just a core that never had the frames on it?

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
              I wonder did this core ever have the frames applied to it or just a core that never had the frames on it?
              Hi Harold,
              If you look closely at the photo you can make out the difference in the patina where the core edge would have been in a frame, which leaves the question what happened to the frame?

Comment

Originally posted by SCOTT G View Post
                Hi Harold,
                If you look closely at the photo you can make out the difference in the patina where the core edge would have been in a frame, which leaves the question what happened to the frame?
                Possibly used to create a fake 1870

Comment

re Core

As Scott says it at one time was in a frame. Who knows what has happened to the rest of it? It was like this when I purchased it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X