bronze eagle - decoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bronze eagle - decoration

Hello. I have this eagle from local shop here in Iceland and I´m very curious what it is. I´m not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have no clue where this eagle belongs too.

I know this bronze eagle comes from Germany, not sure what time area. I have done quick search on Internet and found nothing similar.

I thought it was a top of a flag pole but it´s too heavy for that. The size is around20cm between wings or over handful in size. It seems that the eagle have been broken off of something.
    Is it imperial eagle? French one? Part of board decoration? Some kind of award? or part of fence?

I know it is a looooong shot but you never know if you don´t post it
    sry for not so good cell phone image
    Attached Files

3 & 4
    Attached Files

Comment

5 & 6
      Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by hlynur76; 05-18-2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Its the top to a wall clock Made of some sort of plaster material? Clock dates from the 1910-1920's. Always bubble wrapped on my many moves as I never thought I could replace it It should have a wooden stick for slipping into the top of the clock.
          Attached Files

Comment

LOL... unbelievable. Thank you Kondor for your help. I didn´t expect a reply on that thread

Now I have many questions

Is your eagle made of wood? Because my eagle is made of heavy bronz The stick is broken off as you can see on picture.

Could it be diffrent kind of clock with bronze eagle on it? Or is wooden eagle a replacemnet for bronze one? who knows?!

Last question.. do you know where this clock is made?

regards Hlynur

Comment

My eagle and many that I have seen in Germany (on clocks( are made of plaster, hence my concern if it got broke in the many moves I had to make!

I picked this clock up in the Black Forrest region of Germany, however a good friend has a larger version that he got from his uncle who lived in Freising (he lives outside of Nurnberg). I've never come across a bronze version, but your eagle may be for some other decorative item. A clock collector and restorer in my little town in Germany dated the clock between 1910and late 20's which is consistent with my friend who remembers it from his youth in the 30's.
              Here is a picture of the clock tag at the bottom inside case. Not sure if its maker label. I'm sure it is a commercial clock that was popular pre and post WW1.
              Attached Files

Comment

Interesting

I see that on the bronze eagle, the head looks the other way. It might be part of somekind of boiler.
                Last edited by hlynur76; 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Nice clocks! The tag is for adjustment of the pendulum.

Best regards,
                  Michel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X