Front:

Rear:

Pin system:

Yes.
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks Don by your reply.

Nobody more?

I have studied closely the star. It seen perfect. But I still have doubts.

It has something that does not macht. It is very mint. Very clean.

The time not has passed by his front side (no sign of dirt or rubbing). But in his reverse have signs of wear (but not in the pin system???).

It don't seem that the star has lost its original silver plated, but are directly manufactured in gilded bronze (really I don't know if this maker apply silver plated in his awards).

Can be an gallipoli star made ​​in the 80-90 years with the original dies in Istambul?

Here in WAF have a interesting link about this theory:
      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...gallipoli+star

Please, any opinion more?

Regards

Theo.

Comment

Originally posted by THETHEO View Post
        Thanks Don by your reply.

Nobody more?

I have studied closely the star. It seen perfect. But I still have doubts.

It has something that does not macht. It is very mint. Very clean.

The time not has passed by his front side (no sign of dirt or rubbing). But in his reverse have signs of wear (but not in the pin system???).

It don't seem that the star has lost its original silver plated, but are directly manufactured in gilded bronze (really I don't know if this maker apply silver plated in his awards).

Can be an gallipoli star made ​​in the 80-90 years with the original dies in Istambul?

Here in WAF have a interesting link about this theory:
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...gallipoli+star

Please, any opinion more?

Regards

Theo.
        I also have doubts. The color of the metal of the star (brass) and the color of the metal (copper) at the edges of the arms especially top arm. The pin seems to be attached later but still BB/Co pin. Still it is hard to say more without handling it.
        Regards
        Demir

Comment

Very hard to judge from the photos but I felt that the crescent, the tugra, gazi and the date are from a different time period than the medal itself.

One more thing that I did not like that even the most common maker BB&Co. does better details on the textures around the arms (sorry I dont have better definitions for them).
          I have compared this to the 3 BB&Co. stars I have, I don't like it so far.

Comment

Demir, Tank Berk:

Thanks by yours reply. You live in Turkey and are probably good collectors of awards of your country (Demir, I have notice about your book. I hope will get in a future. I loving the Harp Madalyasi -War Medal-) . Therefore you should know better than other collectors elsewhere of world about what we are talking.

I don't knew that The raised figure in the center is called a Tughra(Imperial symbol of the Ottoman sultan’s authority) and that existed differents Tughra for different time periods (?).

Neither than the smaller round monogram in the upper left is the Sultan’s pseudonym, “El Gazi.” Also is very interesting know that the little rectangular plate below of the raised figure contains the Arab numerals for the Islamic year 1333, which is 1915 in our calendar, year in which the award was introduced, concretely in March month.

I assume these data are not well known by many collectors of this award. Thanks to you I've delved into the subject.

Thanks a lot. Any oppinion more is well welcome.

Regards

Theo

Comment

Hi folks,

It looks like someone dipped it in polyurethane, a varnish not all that long ago. Polyurethane tends to yellow or appears yellow, almost immediately.

Anyone who does a lot of wood staining/finishing will know what I mean.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Jamie
              Attached Files

Comment

Jamie
                You are right mate, something terribly went wrong with this piece. Can we call it Frankenstein as well?

Tan

Comment

Originally posted by Tan Berk View Post
                  Jamie
                  You are right mate, something terribly went wrong with this piece. Can we call it Frankenstein as well?

Tan
                  Hi Tan,

I'm no expert, I'm only adding what I think I see.
                  One hundred years is long time for something to remain untouched.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X