1870 EK2 / Oakleaves / WHS in period book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 EK2 / Oakleaves / WHS in period book

Recently Kay posted a photo from a period book with an 1870 EK2, oakleaves and (upside down!) WHS.

I'm sure we would all be very interested to see and discuss the photo.

Thanks Kay
    Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

here he is frosted as well

the ek 1914 looks polished without frosting .frame KO ? or godet ? I don't know

the 1870
    a wagner style frame( narrow frame )
    hump ,,most likely A type core .
    Attached Files

Comment

fore a better reflection i have to wait until tomorrow until the son comes back .
      Attached Files

Comment

hopefully we getting some interesting discussion ,,and some more examples shown

my opinion on these pictures are irrelevant ,,, its to all of us to see what we can make of it ..
        regards kay

Comment

Boy you do have a knack for finding these interesting period publications don't you!

What can you tell us about the book Kay - is it possible to see what the whole page looks like.

The PLM is a Godet, a private purchase piece, so I'm wondering if this page shows many other Godet products?

You're right it does look very much like the 1915 poster

Nice find

Marshall

Comment

first things first ..

the ek 1914 ,,godet ?

the ek1870 a type core ? maybe wagner ? frosted ?

one thing ,,there is no wound badge listed ,,,,,,
            would it be I am mistaken and it is 1914/ 1918 ? after all ?

I would like to hear Streptile's voice to

regards kay

Comment

The core to me looks more like a B type, if we look at the shadow of the upper tale of "7" it's noticeably longer, also the "W" is wider on A type core.
              Attached Files

Comment

...Side by side.
                Attached Files

Comment

try'd some snap shot in the dark but they're to bad to present

deleted them

Comment

Great stuff here. Can we get an overall pic of the documents?
                    pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                      The core to me looks more like a B type, if we look at the shadow of the upper tale of "7" it's noticeably longer, also the "W" is wider on A type core.
                      Or maybe this one.
                      Attached Files

Comment

no ,,,to far of ,,

Comment

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
                          Alikn,, take in account..
                          there are some maker /production related deviations to the W on the A type .

the 7 is the most important thing to distinguish between a / b type core .
                          so far,, that is a 7 that would be found on a A type.

the W on the picture is a partial reflection on the surface of the W wile photographing.
                          and therefore ( sadly ) has not all to much comparing value ..
                          the crown is also to soft ,,but holds some of the outlines of the A type ..
                          but also ( sadly ) not sharp enough to be conclusive in a comparing with modern pictures ..

its a nice find ,but not a 100% waterproof one ,,sadly.

so far I boldly put it in the wagner section just by the looks of it ,,but it is highly speculative ..

just my opinion .

Comment

Awesome pics Kay, thanks for posting it.

As Marshall said, you have a great talent for finding these paper items.

I can see a typical Godet EK2 frame shape and core design on the 1914.

For the 1870, it's a little less clear. Requires a little more study...

I would love to see the whole ensemble of the 1870 EK2 / oaks / WHS together.

Thanks again
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

the full setup.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 02-24-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X