David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1870 1ST class GODET marked cased and two 1st class WW1 Cased EK1's, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1870 1ST class GODET marked cased and two 1st class WW1 Cased EK1's, help!

Hi all,

Picked up a collection recently of Iron Crosses and these were included.

The first is cased, with a nice 1914 iron cross marking on the case. The cross is in excellent shape, has a great patina and is "SW" marked on the pin. The second is cased in what I believe is a newer case with no markings, wear to the cross and no maker mark.

The third cross comes in its original case as well as the wax paper with label it came with. The label reads: "EIFERNES KREUZ 1. KLAFFE. NUR VON DEM BEHEHENEN ZU OFFNEN." The case itself is in wonderful condition with a great patina,and gold trimming along the edges. The case interior is marked "J GODET BERLIN" (I cannot make out the rest of the text) and has the mark of the iron cross and the Imperial Crown. The cross itself is in excellent condition and is marked "GODET" on the pin.

Cheers!

Last edited by Discostu; 02-21-2014, 12:28 AM.

It pays to have several halogen lights , one on both side of the items you photo...adjust them to be on the darker side, and do not use the flash...these artsy fartsy angles are not appreciated...but just straight on front and back shots with no shadows, and get the camera on a stand to keep it still with the badges on something to hold them up so they appear they are straight on photos......then move the camera in or out on the stand till the item is in focus.....take some shots, and edit them with photo shop to brighten them up, and you will be on your way to helping us better see your new items....hope you understand...it takes some time to practice...

from what I see they are very nice crosses... you just need to do them justice with a little experimenting with lighting....lets see what the others say about them from what you have posted so far....

Comment

Hi i would like to see some good pics of the 1870s godet cross.
      The godet case is very nice - private purchased one, not the "real" one which
      was given by the GOK.
      The print on the outer carton means: Only opening allowed by the
      recipient.

the other pieces are looking nice.

Comment

Hi Discostu,

You'll definitely need better photos of the Godet cross, which is either 1) a fake with a possibly real core or 2) a repaired piece with a new pin, or possibly 3) a Third Reich era copy. Only good photos can tell us. We also need good photos of the "Godet" case, especially the maker's stamp in the lid.

The rest of the pieces look good.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by Discostu View Post
          "EIFERNES KREUZ 1. KLAFFE."
          Those are "s" not "f" figures.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Comment

The obverse of the 1870 EK1 looks like it might be ok, but it makes no sense in conjunction with the reverse photo, which seems to show a strange version of the Godet mark and pin.

Personally, while most of this looks ok, I would reserve judgement until you either bought a new camera or learnt how to use the one you have!

Comment

The second EKI (with the long straight pin) is marked 'KO' under the catch, and is an original 1914 EKI.

Robert

Comment

I don't need better pictures .

I would not touch the Godet nor the case for it ,,

the case with the glued on cross,, on the top is also one I would not buy .

the case for the Ko cross is also not good.
                in short the Ko and ws Iron crosses are good the rest I would not buy....

regards kay
                Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 02-21-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Straight on , in focus pictures. Not side ways or angled.
                  The reverse of the 1870 looks all wrong to me. I don't
                  have enough experience with cases to make an informed
                  opinion about them.
                  Last edited by gregM; 02-21-2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

The KO is fine, the EK1 Set with carton is fine, 1870 is a frankenstein with at least original core and about the godet case, I don't trust it.

Comment

looking at the case of the Godet closer ,,

I am 100% sure its a Frankenstein case.

regards kay

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments, its seems my photo skills need some sharpening , so here are some better pictures of the Godet and case. Please let me know what you all think after you see some decent photos!

Cheers!

Comment

Hi,

sorry, the ek1 1870 is definitely a fake.

Best regards,
                          Michel

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
                            Hi,
                            sorry, the ek1 1870 is definitely a fake.
                            Best regards,
                            Michel
                            Definitely agree with Michel.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Comment

Hi again,

Thank you for the information- is the 1870 a reproduction made during WW1-WW2 or a modern copy? I am unsure if the box is an original or not, any help would be appreciated in pointing out why it would be a repro- I am still very happy with the group I bought

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X