Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown skull

Hello¡¡

Can someone help me identify this skull?

thanks

It looks like a skull, but it is no skull.

Comment

It is a Crossed Rifles Device, with something sitting between the top of the "X" of the crossed rifles. Another crown?

Looks like he is from Württemberg, from his medal bar with the Silver Military Merit Medal, and the long service medal.

I like how he is wearing his EK2 with the reverse side visible.

Best Regards,

Alan

Comment

Firemen? Firemen helmet with crossed firemen tools?

Best regards,
        Michel

Comment

Looks like his infantry/Artillery unit commemoration ribbon bar without the cross hanging from it. All of these were done away with in the 30's with the Hindenburg cross, but unit loyalty! Good Man!
          Similar to this Flanders Cross that was removed from a medal brace.
          Attached Files

Comment

Very cool pic, what a proud old warrior! He looks quite old, so probably went into ww1 in his 40's or even 50's. And he wears veteran's organisation cap and Kyffhauser pin on his tie. The coat is civilian, of course.

Comment

I like how he is wearing his EK2 with the reverse side visible.
              Yes, I like the touch that his ek2 is reversed.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info
                regards Raul

Comment

This skull is a rememberance badge sold by private medal shops. The flat bar in the middle contains the name of serving unit, the bandcolour depends to the country (Bavaria, prussia ect.)

Comment

It's not a skull at all but rather a Pickelhaube in profile. It's a common motif on this pattern of veteran's pin. This Bavarian example has a Raupenhelm in the place of the normal Pickelhaube.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
                      Similar to this Flanders Cross that was removed from a medal brace.
                      The bar shown with this Flandern Kreuz could well have come from a medal brace, but it is the type that goes with the Regiments Erinnerungs Kreuz (REK) medal, not the Flandern-Kreuz. The Flandern Kreuz had it's own distinctive bars that gave campaigns or fronts (Durchbruchschlacht, Luftkrieg, etc.), not units.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X