EKII Ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII Ribbon

I received in the mail today two pieces of EKII ribbon. Were sold to me as original ribbons. The ribbon measurements are:
    Total width 31.5mm
    Outer black stripes measure 4.5mm
    White stripes measure 4.5mm
    Center black stripe measures 13.5
    They appear to only have loops on one edge.
    Here they are beside a known good EKII ribbon. I'm assuming they not original ribbons but repro ribbons. comments welcomes

Seller goes by the ebay name fotobaltic
    Here is the description on his ebay ad
    FOR <?xml:namespace prefix = "st1" /><st1:city w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">SALE</st1lace></st1:city> TWO ORIGINAL WW1 GERMAN RIBBONS FOR EK II NICE AND IN GOOD CONDITION, COMPLETE, SHOWS AGE, UV TESTED- OK, LENGTH 16 cm OR 6,3" WIDTH 30mm . THEY WAS PURCHASED IN GERMANY FROM THE MAN WHO FOUND THEM IN A BASEMENT OF THE BUILDING IN A BOX, THERE WAS MANY OF THEM, ALREADY CUTTED THIS WAY TO USE THEM ON THE UNIFORMS OR WITH EK2. DON'T HESITATE TO ASK <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">US</st1lace></st1:country-region> QUESTIONS, WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM. WE HAVE NICE 1914 and 1870 EKI IN STOCK IT WILL BE LISTED LATER.
    Didn't loose much just $9.00 plus $3.00 shipping

Comment

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
      Seller goes by the ebay name fotobaltic
      Here is the description on his ebay ad
      Hello Harold,
      I do know this seller sells copies of photos as original so I wouldn't hold much faith in these being original. I don't really like this part.

Didn't loose much just $9.00 plus $3.00 shipping

Ralph.

Comment

The left is original, the other two.. well.. I'm no expert in ribbon variations, but both scream to be fake.

Comment

to me, the give away is the very heavy weave of the two on the right.

Comment

To me, the two on the right look like they were manufactured yesterday. In addition to the heavy threading, the silver is extremely bright. IMO even if they were perfectly preserved in a box the silver would still have dulled some over the past 100 years.

Also, I'm still learning market prices, but $9 for two pristine condition ribbons seems awful cheap. Maybe that is the going rate but i'd think for that condition (assuming they are real) it would be much higher. Possibly ~$50.

Again, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TX 77445 View Post
              Maybe that is the going rate but i'd think for that condition (assuming they are real) it would be much higher. Possibly ~$50.

Again, just my opinion.
              50 dollar for 2 ribbons? I really want to sell ribbons to you...

pzrwest, the ribbons are modern reproductions... Get your money back.

/peter

Comment

I stand corrected. Just out of curiosity, what is the market rate on WWI EK2 combat ribbons? Is it more like $9?

Comment

Originally posted by TX 77445 View Post
                  I stand corrected. Just out of curiosity, what is the market rate on WWI EK2 combat ribbons? Is it more like $9?
                  Yes, something like that. About 10 -12 dollar. A dealer will charge you more.

Comment

My usual way of spotting fake ribbons is the stiffness not the silky feel of originals. but these two ribbons are beyond silky feeling more to limp loose feeling won't hold the folding when inserted through the medal ring. What I meant was the two ribbons cost 9 bucks for the two ribbons($4.50ea) plus the 3 bucks for postage, should have been a clue. But is it worth the hassle to put a claim into ebay or paypal? or in the future buy from trusted sellers on this forum? Actually I don't know how to file a claim. Should I contact him asking for a refund first and see what his response is?

Comment

Originally posted by Kraal View Post
                      The left is original, the other two.. well.. I'm no expert in ribbon variations, but both scream to be fake.
                      I should have been more specific that the ribbon on the left was the original EKII ribbon I had received from a forum member here

Comment

I'll happily pay $2 / inch for any original 1914 ribbons over 10 inches long if anyone wants to sell.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Well I guess I will have to find 2 nice original 6" EKII ribbons

Comment

I messaged the seller and he refunded the total amount paid and said keep the ribbons as it wasn't worth the time and money to return the ribbons . I give him credit for promptly refunding my money and his apology as well. He asked what was wrong with the ribbons and sent a copy and paste of the first two lines in the post by TX774475.... Harold

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X