Nicest Imperial Item in Your Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miro O View Post
    Absolut medalbar. I think you killed this thread, Brian. I was trying to choose something from my collection, but after your last post I gave it up.
    No this isn't a contest!!! I am just curious what you find as YOUR most "this talks to me the loudest"!!!

I've seen those elephant pins with just the right patina... RAO's with just the right look. Not a contest! I am really curious what various members find as the beauty in their eyes of their collections.

WOW that sword screams absolutely nice!!! Grip wires and wrap are still just stunning. And all that for a pre what was it 1908 paint it black scabbard. Over 100 years old and stunning.

Comment

Absolut medalbar. I think you killed this thread, Brian. I was trying to choose something from my collection, but after your last post I gave it up.
      Absolutely stunning - german awards, austrian award, russian, Italian... even japanese campaign medal for Russo-Japanese war!... I think I rather start to collect chewing gums, or what...

Congrats!!!
      Miro ,,,,even the smallest, cheapest most common item has it own charms..
      and can stand up against no matter what item shown here

here you are amongst ( addicted ) man who understand that .

as they all started ones,, small ,,,cheap,, common,,, whatever ..

just post man ..

Comment

This does scream to me...

Thanks Chuck!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
          This does scream to me...

Thanks Chuck!
          Ha! I think the last owner was screaming when he lost it!

Comment

Stunning bar

My only question is (sorry, I am not so expert in these things....) what did he do? Russian/Austrian/German/Italian awards.... Something from both sides in several countries. Wow!

I have to admit I am quite a novice (read:total dumbass)when it comes to these combinations of different awards so hopefully someone could try make up a simole rough guideline how awards have been awarded in these kind of ways.

Sorry if this is stupid question

Absolutely stunning - german awards, austrian award, russian, Italian... even japanese campaign medal for Russo-Japanese war!... I think I rather start to collect chewing gums, or what...

Congrats!!!

Comment

This is mine.
              Attached Files
              pseudo-expert

Comment

I have to go with this one...
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Don. You keep surprising me - you've had several nice items shown lately in my opinion, what I have seen.

Comment

Look at the amount of work just on the pin of Don's. Chase work very nice.

Roy, love those eagles. Pretty amazing.

Comment

Here's my addition.

cheers
                      Matt
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mine is a grouping directly from the family, including Haube, medals, sword , diary and photos all to the one man. Sadly he was called up again in WW2 and did not survive.
                        Attached Files

Comment

------------------
                          Attached Files

Comment

----------------------
                            Attached Files

Comment

I love seeing all of the treasures posted,and will have to say mine would be the Hanseatic Crosses

Comment

This one was my grandfather's, never mounted. The only item to show any damage.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X