Ww1 pilot photo, autograph Id??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ww1 pilot photo, autograph Id??

Hello, this has been on the wall from a place since the late 50's, and didn't know if I was someone famous? Any input on signature, the man, plan and awards? Thanks!!!
    Attached Files

Signature
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like a Fokker D VIi-- is this correct??? Wish I could find the name somewhere....

Comment

Looks like the first name in the signature is 'James' so I assume the signee is not the flyer in the photo (unless he is an actor and the photo is from a movie set?)
        Last edited by Rich G; 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM.
        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
        Decorations of Germany

Comment

It's felt-tipped marker. So, it's likely post 1945 at least.

The signature has nothing to do with photo IMO.

Comment

The fokker is fake (or at least modefied). Post war photo from a reanactment of some sort. I think some of the american members on the Aerodrome forum can give you the answer about the pilot.

Comment

The plane could be Freikorps period: January to May 1919.

"Hals und Beinbruch" is an idiom and means, "Break a leg" or "Good Luck"...or something along those lines.

Comment

The plane could be Freikorps period: January to May 1919.
                If I remember correctly Germany wasn't allowed an air force after the war.
                Is this a period uniform he is wearing? It seems 'Odd'. (But that ain't no proof ) Are those Austrian styled pockets? My suggestion would also be a 1950's period movie picture.

Best regards,
                Michel

Comment

1950 - 60s is IMO a good gues. Just check the radiator and the tail skid...
                  Stil a nice and interesting photo.

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
                    If I remember correctly Germany wasn't allowed an air force after the war.Michel
                    There were several Freikorps squadrons such 418, 421, 422 etc. They even fought in the Baltic and in the 1st Silesian campaign.

They were disbanded after the Versailles Treaty kicked in.

Comment

Thanks for the replys.... Probably not many ww1 german pilots names james??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X