identification of eisernes kreuz 2. klasse maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identification of eisernes kreuz 2. klasse maker

Hello, i need your help to identify if it is possible the maker of this cross. thanks in advance for your help

could be Godet

Comment

Hey!

It's pretty much impossible to tell from this pic, as this shape of frame/core is one of the standart pattern variations of the EKs that had been produced during ww1 and so it can be found with several maker marks. We got to see the maker mark to give you a 100% answer.

My bet wouldn't go for Godet (on first sight possible, on second I'd say not straight enough style of frame and not sharp enough beading), but therefore for "We", "R" or "Wo". Maybe even a "WS", but I guess more likely one of the other three mentioned..

Comment

thank you both for your time and expertise. there is a mm, but the seller can not read it, I'll try to decipher when I have it in hand.

Comment

Not Godet. Maybe R as Andy said.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hello, the cross has arrived, here is pics of the mm, hope it can help for the identification, and thanks

Comment

Hmm, we saw R marks looking like K or Y.
              So maybe this is another version of badly stamped R.

Miro

Comment

the picture should be taken under several different angles to see what it is for sure .

Comment

PS ,WHO'S HAVING THE EVIDENCE THAT GODET ONLY USED or needed just 1 MOLD TO MAKE THE GODET FRAMES throe the war ? ..

WHAT IS ON THE MARKED these day's SPEAKS AGAINST THAT ..

in my opinion what you see these day's as the common 1914 godet frame ,
                  is molded in the last mold used somewhere around 1920/1940... most likely even just a retailed cross made by someone else . Maybauer /?

Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 07-14-2013, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X