1914 ek1 L/52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 ek1 L/52

Just found this very unusual cross which I believe is authentic but a very rare form being LDO marked but of 'schinkel' frame type. There were a couple of other examples posted years ago. Hope you like..
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

a ,,,,I would like to see the soldering of the frame ,,,,,

I think we have the back of a L52
      married with Schinkel 1914

if so,,,,,question is
      how that happened ????

regards kay

Comment

Nice blued core C.F. Zimmermann, interesting pin setup.

Best regards,
        Michel

Comment

I don't know about the pin, but the rest of it sure looks like
          the Zimmermans posted in our database.

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery
            I think we have the back of a L52 married with Schinkel 1914
            Nothing wrong with this cross, although I would say it's not rare.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Replacements were made by many german medals manufacturing companys after ww1 as we are all aware after the nsdap got its heavy foot hold on the country , as all medals were in short supply after the first war allies went home ,and took their captured awards sometimes forcefully , home as souvenirs .

The only concerns I have are why this cross has the raised edge of rough burrs around the complete rear edge of the cross arms, that would not be there after manufacture or wear.

I know there is a chemical treatment for iron that made it appear black or blued, but this one to me , as I see it , IF it is blued(can't make it out from the photos very well) seems to also have paint over the core. (kinda appears to have light brush marks...

It does appear to me to be good....and yes , it would be apprepo to see the edges to get a better look.

I'm not sure If it ever was a put together as mr burns from springfield suggested, the edge burr had to be done , by someone scraping all the way around the edge linearly to clean up the solder , or maybe it was really black, cruddy , and someone , or the seller could have done it before the buyer found it. Still a nice cross IMO, how bout a close up of the MM if possible . Congrats to you on the find.

If this is such a common cross , lets see a few more of the same Maker for comparison.
              Last edited by juoneen; 05-25-2013, 11:10 PM.

Comment

fore those like to know how the professional L/52 finishing look like,

here a link to a site from a member who done a wonderful job to help others .

http://www.ek1-dna.de/-l-52--carl-fr...---pinback.php

Comment

That is a very good and informative link. The 1914 ww1 pictured there even matches the needle of this one.

Best regards,
                  Michel

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                    Replacements were made by many german medals manufacturing companys after ww1 as we are all aware after the nsdap got its heavy foot hold on the country , as all medals were in short supply after the first war allies went home ,and took their captured awards sometimes forcefully , home as souvenirs .

The only concerns I have are why this cross has the raised edge of rough burrs around the complete rear edge of the cross arms, that would not be there after manufacture or wear.

I know there is a chemical treatment for iron that made it appear black or blued, but this one to me , as I see it , IF it is blued(can't make it out from the photos very well) seems to also have paint over the core. (kinda appears to have light brush marks...

It does appear to me to be good....and yes , it would be apprepo to see the edges to get a better look.

I'm not sure If it ever was a put together as mr burns from springfield suggested, the edge burr had to be done , by someone scraping all the way around the edge linearly to clean up the solder , or maybe it was really black, cruddy , and someone , or the seller could have done it before the buyer found it. Still a nice cross IMO, how bout a close up of the MM if possible . Congrats to you on the find.

If this is such a common cross , lets see a few more of the same Maker for comparison.

I had exactly the same concerns...

glad someone else has a sharp aye and a critical look on things .

interesting tho ,
                    that the LDo mark would be exclusively for the 1942 LDO type of design,
                    and to the producers who exclusively follow that design .
                    overboard ,,obviously ......?

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

So ,,,,schinkel designs production went on after 1942 .?
                    and are LDO certified ?

(out of it to long here I guess)

Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 05-26-2013, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys and also the link-my cross is exactly the same as that in the linked thread. The core is painted not blued. The edges are nicely finished and vaulted- no signs of frame being opened etc
                      Attached Files

Comment

///
                        Attached Files

Comment

the soldering looks fine ...

and on these pictures I see no ( raised edge or rough burrs)..

so concern number 2 gone ...

regards kay

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X