Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI Ribbon bar with Sud-West-Afrika medal and clasp

Hello all,

Recently I aquired this beautiful ribbon bar.
    If you can help me with some detail would be great.
    I would like to know the producer of the Iron Cross and how common is it.
    Also to know few things about the rest of remaining medals, especially about
    Sud-West Afrika medal and clasp.
    The nazi medall was on the bar and I presume that the former owner had received afterwards lost its ribbon and put it toghether with the rest.
    A price for it would be interesting to know.

Thank you,
    Best regards,

Alex

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/1011155.jpg/][/URL]

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/1011157.jpg/][/URL]

Alex,

I can't help on who made the Iron Cross....I'm sure someone can.

The 1904-06 S.W. Afrika Medal is obviously the scarcest medal.....and while the clasp is "what it is".....according to TWO Differant German referance books.....there is NO "D.Sud-West-Afrika" Clasp for the SW Afrika medal.....BUT THERE ARE DATED "D.Sud-West-Afrika" Clasps for the Colonial Service Medal...(But NO undated versions!)

That said....this combo makes sense as a 1930s assembled Medal Bar....(really half size bar which serves as both medal & ribbon bar)....and the clasp, which technically isn't correct....being worn, dateless in this form....on his S.W. Afrika medal bar...

None of the other medals are especially rare....so it's a "sum of it's parts" more or less... I'd say "$200.00 to $300.00" ....most of that's the SW Afrika & clasp....IMO.
    John G.

Sorry.....Medal Bar is 1914 Iron Cross 2nd Cl.; Baden Military Bravery/Serv. Silver Medal; 1914-1918 Honor Cross w/swords; SW Afrika Medal w/clasp; and Landwehr Long Service medal (whatever the Roman numeral is- years).....

Comment

The second medal is actually Wurttemberg, not Baden. I think long service is also from Wurttemberg.

Comment

Yeah, pure Württemberg EM or NCO bar.

The Südwestafrika clasp is inofficial... but rare and interesting!
        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

thank you

Thank you all for responses,

to be honest, I have done some reserches and the clasp was the most interesting part on this medal bar. I didnt found it mentioned any where at first site and,
          I have presumed that is rare or at least not common, so I thought to ask some one who may give answers .
          SW Afrika medal appears to have a stamp on the the edge, any ideea?
          Is a chance that this clasp to be added later than 1918? and from there the reason of not beign mentioned and official? the whole lot, with the nazi medal exception, is looking as end of WW I.
          The service medal, is for IX yers of service and is the first type with silver wash, corect?
          As you said, it seems to be a Wurttemberg veteran.

Now I have to identify the EK producer, because I know that are many but, some are rarest .

Does this un official clasp rise the value of the ribbon bar? at the first site was valued for ~200-300 $. I know that the price is given by the final buyer but only for my knowlodge, if I would sell it at one point to sell it for a honest price.

thank you again for help,
          best regards,

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X