Interesting WWI ribbon bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting WWI ribbon bar

EK2 1914, Baden Karl-Friedrich Military Merit Medal (?), and Hindy Cross.

If my research is correct, the Baden medal would be the 8th (and last) type issued, of which 1,282 were issued during WWI. Is this correct? Have I properly identified it?

(NOTE: The ribbon bar is not smaller or tapered on the right end - this is due to my poor photography skills).
    Attached Files

The second ribbon is most likely the Silver Merit Medal on the Ribbon of the Military Karl-Friedrich Merit Order (Verdienstmedaille in Silber am Bande des Militärischen Karl-Friedrich-Verdienstordens). This was the standard Baden decoration for enlisted men and NCOs. Since the order (MKFVO), medal (MKFVM) and merit Medal on the ribbon of the order all used the same ribbon, in November 1917 a green enameled wreath was authorized for the MKFVO and a silver wreath for the MKFVM. There was also a gold wreath for the gold MKFVM, but no gold medals had been awarded since the Franco-Prussian War.

Comment

Agree with Dave!

Originally posted by Dave Danner View Post
      This was the standard Baden decoration for enlisted men and NCOs.
      ... with more than 100,000 awarded.
      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

I also agree with Dave.

Very nice ribbon bar.

Pierce

Comment

Guys, Thanks for the info. So it's not an uncommon bar, butthat's OK with me - I only paid $30 for it. It's the first time I've come across that middle ribbon on a bar, though, so it caught my eye, and I knew I had to have it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X