pics 02

pics 02
    Attached Files

Comment

pics 03

pics 03
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry friend- this is a reproduction badge.
        Matt

Comment

This badge is offered the second time on eBay with
          Niemann expertise. It was discussed on several forums.

I hope you don't bought it.

Regards

Alex

Comment

Hi,

thanks a lot for your infos!!!

You are right, I got offered it with a Niemann COA.

So I save a lot money!

Stefan

Comment

I feel, it is very ha´rd to identify opriginal or fakes of this badge.

Here is another one, also a fake I think.

Stefan
              Attached Files

Comment

pics 02

pics 02
                Attached Files

Comment

pics 03

pics 03
                  Attached Files

Comment

pics 04

pics 04
                    Attached Files

Comment

rare

Sorry again.
                      Naval Air Corps badges are unbelievably rare things and almost never come for sale. They ones that do need the extra scrutiny to make sure you're getting what you're paying for. Keep searching and eventually you'll find the real deal.
                      cheers
                      Matt

Comment

Barring finding one at someones estate sale, I think the only way to score one of these is to first find someone (A collector preferably)with an original, and then wait till they want to sell and get first refusal agreement .....that way you know what you have, but is the most retail way to ever find one. I got a ww1 pilots badge found in a mid west antique shop back in the 60's or early 70's where the buyer who found it paid .50 cents for it as costume jewelry, so.....it isn't impossible to find one this way, but doubt you'll ever find an original at a show , even with their COA's. I suspect the reason DN may have gotten out so quick , was that he likely sold too many fakes as originals, and couldn't enforce his own guarantee if it ever came to that. So far many of his dupes have still not been detected and lace collections across the world with much of his crapola he sold years ago..

Luck , and being at the right place to score an original with the right ammount of greenbacks in your pocket is like a recipe when cooking, ....it has to have all the correct ingredients to make the deal fly, and also has to be meant to be yours , so that's what makes the hobby interesting.... the thrill of the chase, and I hope you someday will find an original. PS. I agree with your assessment of the second badge posted, but never having found one myself, the front details are better on the second than the first. These are almost in the same catagory as finding an original 44 wound badge IMO. for rarity. My feelings are the MM looks hokey. We could be wrong on the second one, so it would be interesting to see a known original to compare. If Someone has one out there, maybe they can post it .
                        Last edited by juoneen; 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originals

Comment

The right one in the middle row is the most beautiful pilot badge I ever had seen.

Comment

Minty half size !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X