Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

Hi
    Really could do with some help here. I sold a cross and questions regarding the originality have been raised. I have never in my life sold a bad item but am having real issues convincing the purchaser that the cross is ok. Unfortunately these are the only pictures of the cross I have but hopefully they will do.
    Your comments would be very much appreciated I am really pulling my hair out with frustration!!!
    regards
    andy
    Attached Files

mm

mm
    Attached Files

Comment

I know the kind of buyers all to well,,,,,,, who cant be convinced after they bought it ,,,,the only thing you can do is ,"

return money no questions asked ,,,,,,

if a man dos not like what he's bought ,,,,,no point in arguing .

ps ,the ribbon dos not look right ,not the cross ...but that ribbon is also difficult to judge not holding it in hand .

or better pictures ..

regards kay
      Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 04-30-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Hi Kay
        money already returned. Ribbon is modern and was stated as such-It is just so frustrating when you know the cross is good but cannot convince the buyer but as you state, no pint in arguing and it is important that we are all happy with the items we purchase
        thanks
        andy

Comment

by the way

if you get it back

I would be open to make a exchange of that cross with one of my ek2's

a nice old fashion collector swap of items

think of it

regards kay

Comment

Hi Kay
            Buyer returning the cross so a good old fashioned swap is fine by me. Speak to you when received
            regards
            andy

Comment

good move

You might be frustrated with this transaction but on the other hand seeing how you handled it I am sure you gained few potential buyers for future transactions.
              Good on you!
              cheers
              Matt

Comment

Looks like a nice solid "Fr." example with what may be an earlier cast iron core. Lovely untouched patina as well. The original buyer's loss.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

many thanks indeed. you have put my mind at rest
                  thanks
                  andy

Comment

Looks good to me too.

What were the buyer's complaints?
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I would have no problem with adding this one to my collection.

Comment

Andy ,the only problem I see with this cross is it's not in my collection
                        Some people don't know a good cross from a bad one ,and this is most definitely a good cross.
                        If Kay doesn't take it PM me please

Comment

The guy who returned it doesn't happen to be Spanish, does he?

There's a so-called collector in Spain who has caused me and others grief by buying genuine items and then always returning them claiming the items are fake.

Comment

It speaks well when a seller stands behind his words and re-funds the buyer's money. In this hobby honesty is a great asset. Well done Andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X