Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'57 plm

Hi guys

I would like your opinion on this PLM. It is being offered as a 1950's S&L.

Post-war and '57 awards are not really my thing so I would like opinions on the chances of it actually being an early post-war S&L piece.

The quality is actually surprisingly good.

Many thanks,

Matt
    PS if you think this would be better in the '57 section just let me know

plm

Hi that is a post war made 57 verison S&L plm. The fakes are different than the originals . The fakes have a barogue suspension that is the same round shape but is ground flat with no details to it . Also on the fakes the L goes all the way to the top edge of the enamel. And some are marked on the baroqur ring with S&W and 800 .The ribbon is a modern copy not a 57 S&L ribbon.The case is also a modern copy not a original case. Cliff

Comment

Hi,

"... that is a post war made 57 verison S&L plm."

It is definitely not a "57 version".

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
        Hi,

"... that is a post war made 57 verison S&L plm."

It is definitely not a "57 version".

Uwe
        Hi Uwe

I should have used a better description:

"post-war made S&L PLM made during the 1950's or 1960's."

I realise there are no '1957 re-issue' versions as such. I was in a hurry and was lazy with my description (I had also just posted several '57 re-issues RKs for descussion and the PLM was part of the same group so I used the same term to describe it ).

So with that clarified is the PLM a post-war S&L? What timeframe would it date to?

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

"post-war made S&L PLM made during the 1950's or 1960's.", that is OK.

But there are also no "'1957 re-issue' versions", because there was no re-issue.
          There was only the allowance, to wear some specified Third Reich decorations in a changed design, and we call them 1957er or 1957 versions (in German: 1957er Auszeichnungen).

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            ?.. So with that clarified is the PLM a post-war S&L? What timeframe would it date to?... Matt
            Hi Matt

Despite a fair bit of research, I personally have yet to see conclusive proof that these are A) 1950's production or B) Something that pinpoints them categorically to S&L, but I think it's fair to say that these are consistantly referrred to by nine out ten collectors as both A) 1950/60's and B) S&L

Hope that helps you.

The case is a (more) modern reproduction which you'll find Here: http://www.nicholasmorigi.com/show_pic.php?id=W3689

Comment

Thanks all for the input. I think this is one I'll hang on to

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X