Bird of Prey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird of Prey

After a turbulent flight and much anticipation the newest addition to my Imperial Fleet finally arrived.
    cheers
    Matt
    Attached Files

two more

Gotta love the details that went into making those little things...
    Attached Files

Comment

rainbow

The rainbow effect when exposed to the natural sun is just unbelievable...
      Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful badge Matt, but I would say that ! Ferg

Comment

Stunning example Matt!!!

Any possibility of seeing the reverse side?

Congrats on landing this beauty.

Dan

Comment

Gunner

Thanks guys,

Been hunting one of those for a while- not the easiest badge to find (original, anyways). Really has that "been there look" to it that some of us like.
            cheers
            Matt
            Attached Files

Comment

addiction

Gee, I should really lay off buying badges and get a decent camera instead.
              But the addiction...
              cheers
              Matt
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photos Matt.

You are not joking...originals of this example are exceedingly rare. I am still looking for one for my collection.

Again congrats on a super badge.

Dan

Comment

Very nice badge

Comment

tailgunner

Thank you kindly Gentlemen for you warm comments. It was due to a fortunate circumstances and this forum that I was able to add this to my collection and as hard as it was to find it- I have a feeling that Marine Air Service badges might prove to be even harder. Fortunately the chase is part of the fun!
                    cheers
                    Matt

Comment

Although I long ago stopped collecting these, I had 2 of this exact model in my collection 30 years ago. I'm sure guys hate hearing stories about..."I had this and I had that...", But, I'm just relating this story to emphasize how rare and how pricey these have always been, especially dealer prices.

I picked my two up for £100 each at the Charing Cross Militaria Flea Market that used to be under Charing Cross Train Station, ever Saturday morning in the 1980s. It was always a place to find hidden gems for amazing prices.

A few months later, when I decided to not collect flight badges any more, I sold the two Air Gunner Badges to Adrian Forman for £900 and he sold the pair quickly in his catalogue within a few weeks for £1400.

This is at a time when you could pick up genuine Junker Army Pilot's or Observer's badges for £100.

So, this has always been the toughest badge to get, and has always commanded premium prices.

Yours is a real beauty.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X