New Medal Bar WWI &WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Medal Bar WWI &WWII

Here is my new medal bar that I received today.
    Attached Files

Backside.
    I think it is neat as it has Prussian, Bulgarian and Austrian for WWI. For WWII Third Reich era, there is the RAD 4 year service.
    Attached Files

Comment

Is it common to find the EK2's on some medal bars mounted the wrong way round as is shown here?................I was looking at a court-mounted pair the other day and the EK2 was mounted the wrong way round and there didn't seem to be a way to turn it back,unless I took the whole thing apart.....obviously not an option!

Dave

Comment

There was a thread floating about that had a link to a 1930's era manual on different medal bar mountings. On one of the pictures it showed a backwards EKII, and it was drawn!

Comment

Nice bar!

I always enjoy seeing the RAD LS Medals in mounted group. They do not seem to garner much attention from collectors (maybe because they are deemed "civil") however, they are actually fairly scarce awards....
          Note the square pin on the medal bar!

Comment

Originally posted by Stogieman
            I always enjoy seeing the RAD LS Medals in mounted group. They do not seem to garner much attention from collectors (maybe because they are deemed "civil") however, they are actually fairly scarce awards....
            Note the square pin on the medal bar!
            The same here. Altough there is not much attention on this medals, i allways like to see them, especially on medal-bars. Nice bar, Rolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
              Is it common to find the EK2's on some medal bars mounted the wrong way round as is shown here?................I was looking at a court-mounted pair the other day and the EK2 was mounted the wrong way round and there didn't seem to be a way to turn it back,unless I took the whole thing apart.....obviously not an option!

Dave
              Dave-

The backward EK2 is encountered more times than you'd think. I've always been surprised by how often I see them on medal bars and in portratits (with medal bars). I'm not sure if this was a mistake by those who constructed the bars or if it was done intentionally at the request of the recipient. I would tend to think there were instances of both.

Brian

Comment

Thanks for the info Brian.........I will go and buy the pair I mentioned and post it here,anyone else got any EK2's mounted back to front?

Rolf,I'm sorry I forgot to mention in my earlier post but GREAT MEDAL BAR MATE!!

Originally posted by Brian R
                Dave-

The backward EK2 is encountered more times than you'd think. I've always been surprised by how often I see them on medal bars and in portratits (with medal bars). I'm not sure if this was a mistake by those who constructed the bars or if it was done intentionally at the request of the recipient. I would tend to think there were instances of both.

Brian

Comment

Thank you, it is an awesome medal bar. It came with an eagle cap badge too.

Comment

The order of precedence is wrong, though. The Bulgarian cross, as a foreign award, should come last. Assuming (by the RAD medal) a post-Anschluss bar, the Austrian bravery medal should come before the Honor Cross for Combatants.

Comment

anyone else got any EK2's mounted back to front?
                      Reverse-mounted EK2 (plus Austrian bravery medal in correct precedence):

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner
                        The order of precedence is wrong, though. The Bulgarian cross, as a foreign award, should come last. Assuming (by the RAD medal) a post-Anschluss bar, the Austrian bravery medal should come before the Honor Cross for Combatants.
                        Why wouldn't the austrian medal also be placed towards the end? Is it not a foreign award???

This bar is 100% original.

Comment

Rolf,

After the Anschluss Austrian WWI decorations were considered German... with the exception of the decorations of the 1st Austrian republic which were not allowed to be worn.

Actually the KuK bronze bravery medal was quite often awarded to German soldiers and it is not uncommon to see it on German medal bars.

Ciao,

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
                            ...anyone else got any EK2's mounted back to front?
                            Bavarian Frackspange...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R
                              Bavarian Frackspange...
                              Odd as yours has a non-combatant's hindenburg cross, but there is a combatant's EKII!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X